For the last eight months, I have been involved with The Mahseer Trust, a body set up five years ago to fight the decline in numbers of mahseer in India. We are now trying to protect habitat, set up scholarships for fishery scientists and learn more about all species of mahseer across Asia.
I have been lucky enough to fish for mahseer in southern India many times, and have caught lots of them. Over the next year, I plan to fish for, and hopefully catch, other mahseer species in Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia.
If you, or anyone you know is interested in this iconic sporting fish and the waters they live in, take a look at the Trust's website. Especially of interest will be the free articles I am posting here: Anglers' Section - Mahseer Trust

Spare a minute and take a read, help us to help these stunning fish, because every visitor to the site helps us spread the word. Thanks.

The Mahseer Trust, working for one of the world's iconic fish and the rivers they live in

www.mahseertrust.org

Fishery info for the Westcountry:
www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
check out
www.v2vangling.co.uk