New Islington Marina - Manchester

tomcurry

I've recently moved right next to the New Islington Marina and I have to say it looks awesome for fishing.

I've had a few sessions after work on the rod and waggler and had some decent hauls, managed 45 roach and perch (biggest maybe touching 1lb) in the last couple of hours of light the other day.

I've also donked a double figure common on the noggin by accident when trying to plumb up. Glad I did to be honest, better that than hooking it on 1lb hooklength on a light match rod!

Anyway, has anyone on here fished that area? I've not seen anyone fishing that looks experienced or worth asking for tips really. Mainly local lads spinning for pike with no landing nets or forceps but that's inner city canal fishing I guess.

If anyone has any tips or directions for good spots anywhere within the city centre it would be greatly appreciated.

Note I only started fishing again last week so I only have a match rod and 3lb line so I'm limited on my approach. I've tried maggot, breadpunch, corn and lobworm so far. Maggot producing the most fish

Thanks

Tom