questions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BigFish34

BigFish34

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

I have just created a new website where you can ask and answer fishing related questions. I have based in the UK only, your comments or feedback are welcome.

http://www.fishingquestions.co.uk

#2 ayjay

ayjay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts
  • Interests:Knife licking: birdwatching : :playing with mud and fire: beer.

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

I have just created a new website where you can ask and answer fishing related questions. I have based in the UK only, your comments or feedback are welcome.

http://www.fishingquestions.co.uk

I'm surprised that no-one else has thought of doing that.  ^_^

#3 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

BF,

As you pointed out - the site will not accept international commenters - why?

Phone

#4 BigFish34

BigFish34

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:00 AM

BF,

As you pointed out - the site will not accept international commenters - why?

Phone

I was thinking of starting out with just the UK then later branching out to include other areas. To be perfectly honest adding all the regions in the UK under "Where to Fish" was a right pain and the thought of adding more was giving me a headache :)

You are more than welcome to use the site and in the future I'll create more categories for people in other areas.

#5 Newt

Newt

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,148 posts
  • Interests:fishing, duplicate bridge, fishing, RV (caravan) travel to where there is fishing

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

I think the question was why you say you won't accept comments from non-UK anglers rather than a request to add foreign locations or tactics to your site.  I read it to mean you won't want me to put in a comment because I don't live in the UK.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

#6 BigFish34

BigFish34

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

I think the question was why you say you won't accept comments from non-UK anglers rather than a request to add foreign locations or tactics to your site.  I read it to mean you won't want me to put in a comment because I don't live in the UK.

I could have worded it a little better, unfortunately I'm unable to edit my original post. Anyone is welcome to use the website no matter your location.

#7 BigFish34

BigFish34

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

I have updated the design of the website, added a features page and we now have nearly 100 users (including 1 guy from the US) who have posted some very good answers.