• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ryanrecon

Ryanrecon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

Hi everyone , I took my lad 8 fishing to one of my local lakes and on the way round the lake just looking we walked past a fishery bailiff who was fishing he turned and barked at me and my son " you fishing!! " no why? I asked "well it's too dangerous "
What???? Why what fish you got in there???? I said😉
It's too deep and he might fall in.
Well as much as I aprecatied his "concern" as fake as it was he just didn't like kids and didn't think fishing was a place for kids
Well I pride my self that in genaral when I go out with three kids I come back with three
I don't know about you but my dad taught me to fish ,
This attitude has to stop
Rant over😃

#2 Newt

Newt

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,148 posts
  • Interests:fishing, duplicate bridge, fishing, RV (caravan) travel to where there is fishing

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:29 AM

Sorry you ran across such an idiot.  I started fishing from a boat with my Dad at about age 2 years and by myself from the bank at about age 6 years.  68 now and still going strong so it can't be that dangerous.  :D :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

#3 Ryanrecon

Ryanrecon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

Hi newt , I had a word with the head bailiff and he discussed what had happend at the agm and the bailiff had to apologies , wish that there were more fishermen with the same attitude as you
👍

#4 Newt

Newt

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,148 posts
  • Interests:fishing, duplicate bridge, fishing, RV (caravan) travel to where there is fishing

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

I dunno about UK anglers in general but there are loads on here who think that taking kids fishing is a great idea.

In the US the vast majority of our waters are public and we don't have bailiffs.  We have Fish & Wildlife officers who are sworn law enforcement officers, carry guns, and are as friendly & polite as you could want.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President