New to forum and coarse fishing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hibby

Hibby

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hi guys and gals, new to coarse fishing. Have mainly done sea fishing and river fishing for trout. Tight lines

#2 Newt

Newt

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,148 posts
  • Interests:fishing, duplicate bridge, fishing, RV (caravan) travel to where there is fishing

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hi Hibby and welcome to Anglers' Net.  What general part of the country and what sorts of waters will you be fishing?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

#3 Hibby

Hibby

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Hi Newt I'm from County Durham. I have joined a club with a small lake/ pond which is ideal for me learning on. Has carp in upto 15lb I'm told. Really I'm looking at targeting carp, chub, bream tench etc not to into silver fishing though I'm not knocking it and will no doubt have a dabble next summer when the suns out.

#4 Newt

Newt

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,148 posts
  • Interests:fishing, duplicate bridge, fishing, RV (caravan) travel to where there is fishing

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

Yup.  Winter fishing for those species can be very slow.  Warmer weather next Spring is probably a better option.  

Most of my winter fishing will be salt water or fresh water blue catfish who prefer cold weather (at least the big ones do).

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President