Fish Driven from North Sea

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leon keep hearing this mate but i am not tottally convinced, i know if there had not been any trawling from whitby in the last 20years the sea would still be full,it would not supprize me if this study was not sponsored by the commercial sector music to there ears.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

One of the quotes reads:

"The scientists say further research is needed, but as a precaution, greater protection should be put in place for stocks already threatened by over fishing."

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Also a good report in today's Guardian look at:

www.guardian.co.uk/life/science/story/0,12996,1483209,00.html

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I rest my case.

Big Cod, what a load of Bol##*ks.

Leon, It won't make much difference,

Tom, Then we,ll get the blame when the bass bugger off I suppose.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hi All,

What I don't understand is the cod on the southern wreck marks all year round.

Now to the best of my knowledge with the influence of the Gulf Stream south coast waters were always warmer that the North Sea.

If there has been a rise in temperature surely the first place the cod would desert is the south coast areas.

How is this justfied in the report just issued?

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

You got it in one there Ken.. the best place for Cod fishing in the UK is the one place that they aint supposed to be due to Global warming, yet in the cooler areas there are none... tis strange indeed.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

My twopenceworth;

Cod are thinner on the ground than ever here,

bass seem to be getting caught more and more,

Mackerel seem to be arriving earlier ,staying longer,

Ken some of the catch reports for cod in the channel are misleading they may be big but sometimes only a handful are caught, I was absolutely amazed to read the results of a cod festival I am sure the best boat averaged about a cod per man.

Just some impressions but I would seriously consider climate change a reason for the patterns. It certainly did in the dinosaurs ,(or was that a meteor)

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

there is certainly still some cod on the wrecks in my part of the english channel, but no where near the amount there was in the 70's thats for sure. these fish use to come inshore off these wrecks to breed in the winter, and you could catch many of these close and off the beaches then,not anymore, i know of one and only one of ten pounds caught over the whole of the winter just past, this gives some idea of how bad it is now for this stock, this is i feel down to both commercial pressure and the rise in temperature of the sea here, this has risen by a degree and half in the last ten years, also the increase from species like red mullet/bream/trigger fish/ and baby bass to plague proportions,must mean something is going on.....

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly