Kayack fishing....record catches in UK

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Ahhhhh that's better...a full stomach!

Anyway so we'll end up with standard list of record fish with a few 'Fish of Note' in each category...so don't forget to send me a claim if you feel you've caught a really good fish for your region...even if it's below the current record!...of course there are no records at present so a 2oz pollack would be fine!!!

This will be a lot of fun...and personally I'm out to catch the smallest gurnard I've ever seen this weekend!!!

Don't forget all of the specimen hunting gear mentioned above...and that all important picture!...good luck all and I look forward to posting your records!!!

As for Names...I liked that one too, BKA looks pretty good...short n sweet!

Lets have a thumbs up or down from the other guys

and I'll get on with a logo once we've chosen a definite winner.

Cheers All, Tite lines...I'm off to the movies!

Art

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just it GF....there aren't any!!! :D ...we're starting from Zero from this day onwards. Just get a pick of your catch, as much detail about the fish as poss...weight/ length...how caught...and email it direct to me and I'll add it to the 'record' list.

Once we start getting near the maximum size of fish available we'll have to insist on a witness...but at this early stage I'll trust you if you say that flounder in the picture is 6 3/4 oz!!! :)

So get fishin boys n girls...skip work...there are records to break...all of them in fact!!! :P

Tite Lines Yakkers...don't forget to 'vote' on the name issue...yeah or neigh to BKA

Cheers Gonefishing...go catch a whopper!

Art

Blimey, you chaps have been busy, spend an evening chatting to the wife and next thing you know the British Kayakfishing Association has been born, BKA sounds brilliant chaps, glad that's all soughted.

Well if Arts going for the smallest gurnard, then I'm going for the smallest bass, what am I saying Art caught that last time I went fishing with him!

Sorry mate, feeling a little evil this morning.

Starting from zero is a good move, as these will be new records fished from a kayak, if you guys would like me to set up a page on the website I would be more than happy. Let me know.

Starvinmarvin

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Nice one boys!

Starvin, I'd forgotten about that tiny Bass...but he was perfect...not like that scaggy old big thing you caught!!! :D

As for the web page on your site...that might be nice, if it's not too much bother. I could collate the info on a monthly basis post it here and give you the same in whatever format you'd like. Also thought a few pics of the best or most interesting fish would be nice! :) ...might not have room for all if the records tumble as they inevitably will early on!!!

As for that Gurnard GB.. I'm hoping to catch one smaller than the one I got last week...he was a monster at just on 4 inches!!!...I'm sure I can find smaller...smaller baits and where did I put those old course fishing size 22 hooks!!!???

I have got a pic somewhere of a young lad I know who caught the smallest Pollack I've ever seen..I'll use it as a practice to get u pic posted here...I'll find it and get back to you...it's a cracker!!! :D:D:D

Cheers

for now boys

Art

Here's the pic promised above...if it works!

To fill you in there are three of us who run a little friendly book of catches throughout the year. Matt is the youngster, and generally catches well, Nick is new to fishing but his mature, calm nature is paying dividends with some good cod caught in the Bristol Channel (his local stomping ground).

But when we get together its all out war...any fish counts and to loose is not an option!!! :D

On this occassion we were all blanking when Matt caught the only fish...this pollack...what a winner! :D:D:D

Posted Image

Tite lines All

Art

Artfulshifter,

I would just like to clear the record, that was 2 scaggy bass.

I hope he put that monster back!

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Oh Yes, Starvin, I had forgotten that other smaller scaggy bass you had :) ...we've gotta get them on the fly this time...it's obviously too easy if you can get two first time out!!! :D

As for the mighty pollack..it was indeed returned and may well now have reached a full 3 inches in length!...I forgot to mention that it was exactly 2 3/4 inches and weighed 'zero' on Matt's rusty scales!!!...I think I'll get a set of those funky Rapala digital scales...they might be more use with these microfish!!! :D

Tight Lines I've got a job on overnite...

Art

What you need is one of these!

http://www.xtools.us/pages/product/gnw/gnw.html

Now get back to that job, we need it in the morning, sorry it was my fault, thought it looked a bit cack.

Want to go home, got some tying to do, clousers for some flounder. Yes I've been reading all about it on the other forum.

Have you seen the fly records on the UKSWFF site, some of them are kind enough to share the details of the fly used, Mullet was interesting and in my neck of the woods.

Now back to work!

Starvinmarvin

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X