Bass on E.Yorks Coast.

Chris Playle

Guest jay_con

macky, yes i feel us northe east lads should broaden our horizons. but as im sur youll agree cod fishing is the tops. just think of autumn, the questions yo start to ask: where to fish?, which bait?, which hole?, is the sea right?, is the water coloured?, cast short or long?, dieing sea? ebb or flood?. also the thrill of being close to the sea in a dieing winter storm. Macky you surely must agree, scrimping out those cod doesnt half get the adrenalin flowing.

ps in summer would you fish peeler for bass, or another bait?, or even spin?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cod fishing is pretty much all I have known but its changing Winter.

Don't be so sure that what you encountered last year will be the reality of the next. Things are changing fast - The Bass appear to be moving up the coast ( i spent 5 years on fish markets in the eighties and saw not one bass. Hard to compare now because there are so few fishmarkets left up here, but it seems fair to say that bass did not venture this far north in the eighties - some serious commercial fishing was going on then.. theres not much now)

Cod on the other hand appear to be heading north. Blame the commercials if you want, blame the climate, natural variation, whatever, but I'm beginning to think we are now at the extreme end of the cod range.

Adapt and enjoy :) This life is not a practice

Chris

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

i loves me cod fishing dont get me wrong

but summer is were its really at

arpril- oct

find the right places and the right methods and you will do better than you would in wintertime.

Guest jay_con

you talking cod macky?

yes i believe marks south of scarborough are good in summer. but what about the thrill of fihing in a storm in the dark? you dont get that in summer.

Guest jay_con

macky, ?

when you fish for bass down there. what bait u using?

you fishing short range? (how short?)

do u use peelers.

tell me how to catch a bass. and ill try, and then ill let you know if i was succesful.

what time of year is best?

Guest jay_con

oh well macky dont worry too much, i wasnt that interested anyway.

ive caught bass to 4 pound before. nothing special. only caught them by mistake aswell. just cast short. very short

you keep your precious secrets. i probably know the answers anyway.