Casting your lead to the horizon

christian kimber

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who pendulum casts on a crowded beach needs to be repremanded...A crack of from a pendulum cast could go litteraly anywhere but more times than not the lead goes head high down the beach and the consequences don't bear thinking of...I myself pendulum cast to a good standard but wouldn't dream of doing it anywhere but on a deserted beach or when all fellow anglers where on my safe side so any cock ups fall safely away from them..In most situations my cast is just an arealized ground cast which gets to the fish just fine on almost all the venues i fish...Just last night i was fishing low water of of mineheads gas works beach and was catching whiteing of good size and numbers all at around 70 to 100 yards...I put a few out to the horizon and didn't get a touch so just goes to show that range isn't the be all and end all of beach fishing...... :P:P

Can someone explain in words of one sylable what the basic mechanics are of an aerialised OTG cast. I want to improve my distance from an overhead thump and I find OTG difficult with clipped down rigs and steep beaches that I tend to fish.

Cheers in advance. :D

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Originally posted by prozac bass:

[QB]A crack of from a pendulum cast could go litteraly anywhere but more times than not the lead goes head high down the beach and the consequences don't bear thinking of..

Not completely true m8

If your lead cracks off along the beach more often than not you are applying the power to early im afraid, but you probably know that ;0)

It can happen if there is a badly tied knot or a Damaged shockleader, but nearly always crack offs go straight out to sea.

I agree though you have to be cautious and aware who is around you when power casting.

Thats why tourney casters dampen down there cast to a fishing pendulum, and take less arc

[ 25. November 2004, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Tel ]

KIR ;0)

Tel - haven't forgotten your kind offer. I've got some time off 7-10th December, but I'm guessing you'll be working.

Unfortunately, the weekends are taken up with visits to the outlaws... :rolleyes:

And I've got a baby daughter who is taking up alot of my fishing time (but worth every minute of it, until she cries and soils her nappy) :)

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery