what is a mullet

Guest jay_con

Guest jay_con

all those southerners seem to get excited by the mullet. Perhaps we should give it a go see what alll the fuss is about.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

winter:

all those southerners seem to get excited by the mullet. Perhaps we should give it a go see what alll the fuss is about.

I am not a Southerner, rather a Northener living down south. We like fishing for mullet because they are tricky to catch but when you do get one on there is nothing that fights quite like a mullet.

IMHO the thick-lipped mullet is pound-for-pound the hardest fighting fish round our coast.

Give them a go on light tackle and you won't regret it. (If you can hook one )

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

phil dean:

they can be found off hartlepool in the marina.

They can be caught all round our coast in summer.

[ 02. June 2004, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

me:

ye it's that as well as a carp like sea fish. Mainly caught off rocks, piers and in Marina's.

Carp like? Perish the thought. Mullet don't have beer bellies.

Pound for pound, I would have to say yes. Hooking a 6lb mullet is a bit like getting tangled up on the back actor of a JCB :)