Kayakfishing Chat - more

Newt

We last had ***oLLy*** posting

quote:

Might be a bit tricky the people who I got the Mambo from told me to go to stand with the ainsworth paddles on and pick one to suit me because he was getting a supply of paddles from them so he supplied the size I told him, the size they told me complicated isnt it, and know they didnt measure me just looked at me and said im never far out.You just take it for granted sometimes being in the trade they should know.

olly

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would just like to wish all you yakkers! all the best of luck for this coming season. i havent got a yak, but i find the threads really interesting,.. plus.. theres none of the stupid bitching! good luck guys! :D

Thanks Captain :D

To get this new thread rolling I'd like to ask about VHF radios. Am looking into buying a handheld VHF whilst trying to keep up with emerging technology and procedure.

Those of us with handheld VHF radios which model do you own? How do you rate it etc etc... was looking for one with DSC (digital selective calling) but after reading more on it, it seems that its not as supported & effective as a system on handhelds compared to fixed VHF radios. Also read that DSC enabled radios will only become law for larger vessels in the future.

Big differences in price for VHF handhelds.. I'm confused :o

[ 29. March 2005, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Speciman ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Weather updates come over he air from the local coastguard via chl 16, they offer a channel to move too to get the update.

As far as catch reports, you can call up another boat/yak via chnl 16, once you make contact arrange to meet on another ship to ship channel, and continue your conversation.

Looking at getting a couple of short range radios (waterproof )for genral banter with a friend while on the water.

yy