Kayakfishing Chat - more

Newt

Well today looks like the first trip of the year for me, im all kitted up a rearing to go and the forcast is even better for tommorow woohoo..

hopefully i'll be back later with some tales of one's that got away and a packet of fishfingers

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaskalot, are you going Jennycliffe way? Or round to Bovi? Either is only a short paddle so the wet suit isn't going to get you all worked up into a lather.

Me, I wear warm clothes and boating gear - YY thinks I am risking a dunking and getting frozen, but when you are only a couple of hundred yards from launching with spare clothes in the car I think it is safe enough - yes, if you end up in the drink it will be a sudden awakener, but the water is about 9 degrees down there, so not life threatening. I've stripped off and swum for a duck before with snow on the ground - had to do it this year as a matter of fact, just remembered. Your toes go very numb very quickly, but as long as you keep moving and dry off as soon as you get out then within minutes clothing has you as warm as toast again!

I guess it depends on how confident you are of staying Yak side down :D

Good luck mate, I have to stay with the boys this weekend. All gone wrong this week - Anna (management) is down in Plymouth with the boys seeing the folks - I've been as far as Poole working and now here I am back home fishing less. How did I get that wrong? :rolleyes:

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

What cracking day, no Bass but hey who cares I was well happy with the some sandeels, couple of decent pollack for the cats and to top it off a lovely Cuckoo wrasse which I released, the first one ever for me I might add and beautiful to boot.

At least I think it's a Cuckoo wrasse, please correct me if i'm wrong.

I cant tell you how nice it is to dust them winter cobwebs away. :)

2jci7q2jd5at

[ 01. April 2005, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Prowler ]

Photo Gallery

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Now that is a masculine Cuckoo wrasse. Fabulous colours aren't they. The females are drab in comparison - browny/greyish with white lines through them where the male has his blue ones.

Sign of spring that is - did it say anything?

Like "coookoooo"? :D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Thanks Simon, it's the masculine bay of Greve De lecq on the north coast of Jersey, quite well sheltered and ideal for launching, sometimes with the right conditions though you can get some big surf down there, but as you see it is a flat as a witches tit.

:P

Photo Gallery

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

I have to ask Prowler, can I pinch a couple of the shots for AnglersAfloat...I'll make you famous :D

I'm going to have to move, everyone fishes in such beautiful surroundings, me, I've got a fun fair and an Inn on the beach...mind you I might start exploring some of the harbour this year, might be a bit prettier.

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Starvin, Please help yourself if you want the uncut, originals i'll mail em to you but either way no problem. :)

Photo Gallery

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15