Sealant for hatch

SpeciMan

Picked up a 6" hatch kit bag from the friendly guys at Bournemouth Canoes today. Need to pop out and buy some sealant. Can anyone recommend a certain brand for marine use?

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Speciman, I used Loctite 595 on the Caper, it was the only one tested that gave any sign of adhesion to the Polyethylene.

Don't know whether Simon told you but the kit bag is not water tight, so anything placed inside will still need to be put in a water tight container or bag.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Thanks for that Starvin.. was hoping you were still at this site and would see my post. Will pop out and get some. May pick up another fish bag too :D

[ 11. May 2005, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Speciman ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Speciman, have you seen the compass fitting article on AnglersAfloat, haven't given it a baptism yet hopefully this weekend. Thought you may be interested as you are building the Caper's twin. :D Didn't have time to wire her up, but will include that later when I have more time.

Putting two projects together and reviewing new gear is leaving me with little time for fishing. But it's good fun. :)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Yeah saw the compass article. Undecided at the moment if I will fit a compass. Have a Silva compass in my pfd + my gps shows north if I'm moving.I will put a camera mount on there though (need to buy the Pentax waterproof camera first).

Did you see those cheapy green beach shelters in Lidls when you were in there? With some fabsil they might be ok to pop in the hatch & use for occassional beach casting sessions.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Cheers Speciman,

Glad to be of some help.

Have just looked at next weeks Lidl spectacular, beach gear, beach shoes, and swimming noddles, these are excellent for extra buoyancy in the Yak just in case, also if cut up, really good for wrapping and labeling your ready made traces, just like England International Glen Milligan.

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Thanks for the info about the the Noodles Starvin.

I need some of those for the Outrigger I am going to make.

Looks like I will have to go to Lidl's again next week:)

zzippy2.gif

Perhaps the noodles could also be used to make garfish buoys as an alternative to using plastic bottles.(I think I heard of this idea through Starvin).

Take a section of noodle :D , attach a short length of line with small baited hook & float a few of them around your yak whilst you are fishing. When they start bobbing... FISH!!!

[ 13. May 2005, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Speciman ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Wasn't me Specimen, but sounds like a great idea... don't you just love noodles, great name too. :D

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X