Rigging Prowler 13

Simon Everett

With the flush mount just pushed into the bored hole you can drill the fastner holes with it in situ and get a perfect alignement.

Prowler.jpeg.11.jpg

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I then used Instant Gasket to form seals around all the possible water ingress points. This is a plain silicon sealer - I just happen to have some in my tool box, it is great for stopping oil leaks on the old bike! Let it go off a bit and you have an O ring made to measure!

Prowler.jpeg.13.jpg

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Then I put a bead of goo around the head of each machine screw before sending them home.

Prowler.jpeg.14.jpg

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

A different view. I should have said in the previous pic about the holes at the back of the bar - they are a rack for lures and tools. Slots for knives and pliers etc and holes to put lure hooks through so they dangle about and catch your feet. You can take a few hook covers with you I suppose and prevent blood from swilling out the scuppers as rubby dubby for bloodthirsty monsters....

Prowler.jpeg.16.jpg

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

That's all folks! The folder actually contains about 30 pics - but i thought you might get bored!

Next pictures will be water borne I promise - perhaps a set of my safety gear...on the beach about to put to good use! :D

Simon.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

excellent thread Simon.. lots of useful info.. a picture speaks a thousand words for sure.

The scotty rod holders look the business.. I didn't realise until I saw your pics that they make some which fit into the flush mounted holders.. looks like I will also get set.. did you get ure scottys through Glasgow Angling Centre?

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Nice job Simon, did you get one of Scotty's fly rod holders while you were at it?

Nice to see the paddling light, have one on the Caper, but now need to find space on the Prowler for one as well.

The 2005 T-Bar you have fitted looks really great, a lot less clunky than last years version, I've been very impressed with Scotty's wears, just hope that Glasgow Angling are going to make the available, if not already...has anybody rung them yet?

Keep up the good work.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Spec. I got mine direct from Canada, but I hear that Glasgow is the place to go. The spinning rod holders come with mounts - but they are raised mounts. Nothing wrong with them, solid as a rock. I just wanted a flush fitting forward to keep things tidy if I wasn't using the forward mount - by the way, you don't have to use the bar, one of the rod holsters will go into the flush mount. The system is excellent because all the fittings use the same mounting method.

The Gimbal mounts which go down the built in holders then snug onto the pin across the bottom - I am going to put a length of 50lb braid around the stem of the gimbal mount though and make a lanyard for them - tie off somewhere just so they don't fall out in the event of me going ducky. The holster part will not fall out of the mounting - any of them. There is only one set position in which they will go in or come out. A tab on the inside of the mount must line up with a groove on the holder stem. You can then rotate between the splines to set your desired fishing position. Each mount has the same splines, so those rod holders will go on the gimbal mount stems that go down the built in rod holders, or fit onto the splined holes in the cross bar, or you could just put one in the splines of the flush mount itself and fish one rod forward.

The cross bar will also take a third mounting in the centre - on mine it is left empty. You can get a fish finder mounting plate that fits the system and would go in there. I am going to rig up a camera support of some kind and see if I can get some onboard shots with a very wide lens. I shall NOT be using my digital camera - I shall use an old, very old, film camera and negative film. I shall then get the local chemist shop to develop the film and at the same time scan the pictures to disc - it costs an extra £2 per film! I don't mind risking dunking a very old, well used, nearly knackered Nikon - actually it is still a damn good camera - on the Yak. If it goes under I shall just have to get repaired. If my digital goes under - I shall have to throw it away and buy a new one!

Hope this helps.

Simon.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Love it. I tried to recommend those (well, almost identical, just a different brand) to YY but I don't think I made it nearly as clear as your pics do.

I have a set of four on my boat and for additional mounts on my bank sticks so I can move the holders from boat to shore in a few seconds.

One caution - do not have the clutch set tight with the rod in one of those mounts if you expect the possibility of larger fish in deeper water. I've seen a couple of times when the rod would get 'locked' into the mount by pressure from the fish diving directly down.

Speciman - the rod holder will fit in about 4 mount variations and the flush mount is one of them along with several sorts of rail mounts and side mounts.

This is another item you might find of use on a kayak. A pair of these will hold things like rods very securly for travel.

an-holder1.jpg

[ 28. March 2005, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President