Prowler 13 How much water in hull

***oLLy***

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its amazing how long it takes to fill a P13, it did show were the problems are though marvin was right about the scupper hole one of the rear ones, also fixing that holds tackle box water also gets in to centre hatch looks like a phone call to kayaks and paddles tomorrow i'll try and post some pictures

***oLLy***:

Newt How do you go about making your own and getting it put up thanks

The way this forum is structured, you can't. Email or PM me the picture you want to use or if it's on the net, give me a link. I'll shrink it if needed (48x48 is the largest that can be used) and post it to the avatar section so you can use it. If it is animated, I can only resize .gif animations so .bmp won't work. If it is a still pic, I can take pretty much any format you want to send but will convert it to .jpg or .gif.

[ 13. May 2005, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The more I read from previous articles and this one the more I am disapointed with OK's lack of quality control, especially when it puts peoples lives at risk, my mate Driftwood has just got himself a P13 and and his GF one of the new Capers, I am going to suggest they bring them up so we can fill em and test them for leaks.

I can only asume that the reason although not warrented behind this lack of quality control is down to the fact that production of these has increased tenfold in the last couple of years, that is no excuse for laying peoples lives on the line.

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Yes apparently the NZ factory has a lot higher quality control but I dont know how true that is, maybe someone here can fill us in.

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Morning all :)

Yes the Kayaks made in Newzealand are supposed to be a lot better than those made in the u.s.a.

Why that is I dont know.

Dont know if its correct either.

But you would think that Ocean would demmand high standards from both.

The Kayak market is a very competitive one from what I cn see, so you need quality on your side, and respect for the craft you produce from the buyers and users.

There may be a few factory seconds finding thier way over here, not sujesting thats the case you understand. :)

I bought a Cobra Navigator a while back, and had pin holes appearing by the week !!

The pin holes became bigger.

I think, but dont know, that these pin holes were filled with wax or what ever, and with using the Yak, it wore out to expose the flaws........not good.

Both my XTs are NZ boats, and although I had trouble with the front hatch fitting, the Yaks themselves are well made and very strong.

I have my doubts about the Prowler 13 and mailed my thoughts to Starvin.

Just my oppinion, but there is too much flex in the cockpit area, alongside the centre consul.

Be carfull how you lower yourselves in to the seat.

This area realy needs strengthening.

The material of the front cup holder is extremely thin, this could do with being made stronger too.

Just my oppinion and observations.

I would realy think twice about mounting systems too.

yy :)

[ 14. May 2005, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak - u.k. ]

Hi fellow yakkers,

I'm in the US and have recently purchased an OK Prowler 13. I'm happy to say that I don't get a drop of water in the hull even after paddling in some pretty choppy stuff! I've also received EXCELLENT customer service from them. I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you all are having with your Prowlers and I'll be looking forward to hearing how you're rectifying the problem.

Now... I'm off to go fishing!!!! :)

After my first trip out last month I had a few pints of water inside my yak(Caper).But I put that down to where I had it upside down for quite a while practicing my re-entry.lol...I think the water was going in through the front hatch.

The last trip I had about a cupfull of water inside.

I will fill the yak up with water on Monday and see if I can see any leaks.

Mark

zzippy2.gif