Prowler 13 How much water in hull

***oLLy***

Hi Prowler.

You are absolutly right my dear, a weakness is a weakness.

I just had visions of people FILLING the Yaks with water.

If there were a weakness, it would make it worse to the point of completely buggering the Yak.

Maybe, mucking up the warrenty through abuse.

If that makes sense.....proberbly not :D

The flexing was a concern for me, it may not worry others, just my oppinion.......and I know I have lots of them :o:D , but Im not a shrinking violet, I like to speak my mind, people know where they stand then.

I sat in my friends Prowler and noticed the area both sides of the centre consul were flexing quite a lot, this may have only been on his Kayak, the others may all be fine.

But as you say, the movment cant do the material much good.

I dont want to give the impression that Im slating the 13, thats not my intention, its just things I have noticed.

As for o.k. yes your right again, it would be nice to see them stay at the top of the tree, as they proberbly will.

But like any producer of consumer goods, they need our feedback if we feel somthing is not quite right.

No good looking through rose tinted glasses when there are issues to sort out.

Johnson have been honest with thier reply, and I think will hopefully appreciate our input.

Ill go and get my Flak Jacket now :(:D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I dont want to give the impression that Im slating the 13, thats not my intention, its just things I have noticed."

No I know that YY not me neither, we want them to improve, if i'm gonna spend £400 quid on a yak I dont expect it to behave like an inflatable.

"No good looking through rose tinted glasses when there are issues to sort out."

Especially when the consequences could be fatal if unchecked.

No need for the Flak jacket mate, lets open a tinny.

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

BOOOOOM!

Sorry, just livening it up a bit with a quick salvo across the bows :D

You all took your flak jackets off, so I thought I would unleash 12 high speed balls at you and see what happened - it made my glasses go all red - Anna has just poured me another glass of Rioja :D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Cracking write up Spanner, cheers :)

I know what you mean about the stealth factor and wildlife, surprised me too. Wonder if the dolphins that appear here in the summer stop off near you as well: they come down from the Moray Firth, so they must at least pass....

Cove sounds a good place to launch. I had been thinking of a trip to Gourdon or Johnshaven, over the summer. Fancy giving them a go one weekend?

Chris

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Jaffa.

Re the Dolphins/porpoises , we get some very large pods visiting our neck of the woods.

When I had the boat, one came out of the water from nowhere, dead ahead and airbourne about 20 yds from the bow, I thought it was comming through the cabin window, then the rest of his mates started to show.

I throttled back and whatched them, very humbling experience.

Picture this....a warm sunny still day, peace and quiet fishing from the Yak, reaching that state of meditation, then WOOOOOSHH, a Dolphin appears.........do you carry a toiklet roll on the Yak :D ......Im going to start.

[ 17. May 2005, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak - u.k. ]

Jaffa,

Oh yes, we get plenty of them. I usually see some most times when I'm on the the rock marks. They were around last Friday but they had moved on by the time I got out, but I certainly expect to meet up with them sometime.

I'm definitely up for a trip to Gourdon or Johnshaven, but I want to get rigged up with my sounder and GPS first and have a couple more shakedown runs before I venture further afield.

Soon though ...... soon :)