Hello

Murph

Just thought that I would say hello as a new member. Currently based in Dubai and own a FishnDive. Relative beginner but out a few times and one day looking to take the kayak back to Northumberland probably to fish freshwater ( North sea too cold after too many years in the sun). Problem seems to be not to many fishing waters with kayak access in England??

Speak soon

Murph

Hi Murph.

Welcome.

Dubai sounds nice. Must be some large and colourfish your way. What species do you usually catch?

Kayak and canoe access to inshore waterwaters is quite limited in the UK. The British Canoe Union is campaigning hard to get this changed.

This site lists some waterways in the UK where you can at times 'get away' with paddling such waters.

http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/

There's also useful bits of info in their forums -- although I get the feeling that some die hard sea kayakers look down a bit on us sit-on-top owners :( (just my opinion though).

[ 14. May 2005, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Speciman ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hi Speciman,

Yeah its a wee bit different to Northumberland. Fishing here produces a fair range of fish but generally in deeper water. First to admit, I am not much a kayaker so tend to potter the bays and harbours when opportunity presents itself and fish with a fly rod. When I lived in Oman the fishing was good - mainly Snapper and Baracuda.

No worries on sit on tops - it suits me but may not suit the North East.

Murph

Hi Murph Dubai eh, you dont own a hotel do ya??

Welcome to the flotilla wer'e a good bunch even if I do say so meself.

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Hi Prowler,

Wish I did. I live in font of one but that's about it and the sea is close at hand.

Regards

Murph