G'day Pom Yakkers!

Fishyak

G'day Poms

Just thought I'd join your forum and say hello...

I fish out of a Malibu X factor.......

Great Whites - no problem :)

Kayak fishing is just starting to happen here in Oz, sounds like you lot are at the same growth stage. good on ya mates!

Downunder Fishyaker

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya, ya big galoop :D

Welcome to Anglers Net Kayak fishing forum.

Always good to see other Kayakers visiting, and hopefully staying.

Nice Yak you fish from, read a little about the X factor.

I fish from a Scrambler XT,.....well someone has too:D

Great Whites eh?..........well some of our Cod are ar$e kickers. :D

Yes we are just getting Kayak fishing together over here too.

Numbers and interest are growing steadily.

Think we now have about 24 fishing from Kayaks, that we know of.

Hows it going in Aus, what sort of numbers are entering the sport.

Cheers.

YY :)

G'day YY

Strewth - north sea cod! fearsome bugger that!

Yes - I'm the first X Factor owner in Australia, as I'm a bit of a lard arse it was fly one in from the USA or Cobra F&D locally - and I wasn't happy with that choice.

Its new here in WA, but a year or two old in QLD

a bit happens in SA but thats it so far.......

not good in north WA - a bloke in a yellow yak got it bit in half by a frisky male salt water croc a week or two back. You've got to be a bit of a galah to go yakkin up there - the crocs either want to fight you as they think your a male or shag you coz they think your a female - either way - its not good!!

This is the right place for it mate......we've got more coastline than Califorina!! and better weather.

Thanks for the welcome

Its going to be as big here as in the USA, like you pom's we follow the yanks - eventually!!

You've got to be a bit of a galah to go yakkin up there - the crocs either want to fight you as they think your a male or shag you coz they think your a female - either way - its not good!! [QB]

:D:D Nicely put.

I envy your fishing down under, and your weather.....some good looking Shelas too :D , but your sheep are just as ugly as ours :P

Like you we hope that Kayak Fishing takes off over her too.

The Americans have been at it for years, and have it bang to rights.

They have some awsome catches, taking on some very large game fish aswell.

The guys I fish with,and me, like to target Sea Bass just about the most dominant sport fish we have.

We use very light tackle 30/60 grm Spining rods, 10lb main line, using lures, jellies, or small live baits.

What is your most sought after fish? and what gear do you use.

yy :)

Welcome to AN, Downunder Fishyaker :)

Do you have a dedicated forum in Australia yet? I know some people, like Billybob in Noosa, Queensland, have been at this lark for a few years now (he gave me some good tips and info when I started out 3 years ago).

Not sure I fancy a yak in croc or great white country though!

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

:D Cheers Mate.

I hope the trip is a good one, and the weather stays good for you both.

Wont be jelous..... :( .........evnious.....or longing to be out there with you, Ill just sit here in pain......LOTS of PAIN.......but you carry on :D .

That paddle Yak is looking good I can tell you

Downunder Fishyaker - welcome to you. We'd love to see some pictures of your craft. You can post them yourself by uploading to http://www.go-fishing.org/upload/ (same owner as this site) or feel free to email them to me and I'll post them for you. Yak, fish, whatever.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President