Well Done fellas

Johnster

Hello, my name is John Callaghan. I'm an ex-pat Limey now living in Tampa. I run the Paddle-fishing.com website with my mate Jay Brewington.

Good to see a UK site picking up on kayak fishing. I'm sure that once word gets out, the sport will boom over there. I wish I had thought of it while living in Cambridge, it would have opened up a lot more fishing venues for me.

I am sponsored by Wilderness Systems kayaks and fish from the Tarpon 140 and Tarpon 160.

Of course our fishing here in Florida is very different, but it is still fishing and that's what makes it so cool. The Sport here is booming, Tournaments are springing up everywhere. Last year, our team won the EEF series of kayak fishing Tourney's. I am team Captain, and we also had Ray-s join us for one event, so the Limey's are being represented over here too.

I look forward to talking with you all, if you visit our site you'll find some articles, rigging ideas and boat reviews that you may find useful.

Good luck fellas, keep up the great work

Hi Johnster.

Welcome to Anglers Net and the Kayak fishing forum.

Some of us have visited your site for sure.

I think we have just about done them all in our search to follow by example, and try to get things right here too.

The sport is certainly gathering momentum over here now.

Interest is growing at a nice steady pace.

Your right, our fishing does not compare to yours in the u.s.a.

The only comparison I can think of, is that we all use a fishing pole :D

I have looked at the Tarpons, it was a Kayak I looked at in the beggining, nice Kayak.

Will be nice if Kayak fishing does get big here.

I like the idea of the tournaments, for the competition, and the social side of it.

Keep the Jack flying over there :D

YY :)

[ 17. May 2005, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak - u.k. ]

Hi Johnster, Great site I love the articles, especially this one.

http://paddle-fishing.com/articles/why.htm

I hang my head in shame as I have never been there before but now it's firmly bookmarked welcome to the forums.

[ 17. May 2005, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Prowler ]

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Welcome to AnglersNet Johnster, I hope you stick around and give us the lowdown on fishing in the colonies

I'm not a kayaker though, I don't think my bivvie would fit on one :rolleyes::D

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Hi John, welcome to AN.

Cracking site you have there; still working my way through the articles :)

The article that Prowler highlights is a cracker, pretty much summing up the good/bad points about kayakfishing. maybe Elton could post a copy in the articles section here?

Was it Pike fishing you wished you'd had a kayak in Cambridge for John?

Cheers,

Chris

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Great article John.

You right Jaffa, that would be nice to have here, so well writen and informative.

Maybe Elton could form a link.

Links to sites like this would be a huge help, and band us all together, what say you John/Elton/Newt.

[ 18. May 2005, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak - u.k. ]

Thanks for all the compliments fellas, please feel free to link to any or all of the articles on our site.

Jaffa, yes i would have loved to been able to paddle my way down some of my local rivers and Drains in Cambridgeshire searching for Pike in the Autumn and winter, and for Chub in summertime. also know of a few lakes where being able to slip a kayak in would have made a lot more places fishable.

Do many of you fish freshwater from your yaks?