Prowler

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From bunions to onions....nice thanks I suppose its better than nuts

[ 17. May 2005, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Prowler ]

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Sorry about that, i thought the missus had washed em I told you that seaweed was no good

[ 17. May 2005, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Prowler ]

Photo Gallery

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

yeah both, the missusss s daughter is taking her PADI open water and with a bit of luck we'll get to do some scuba diving but initially we will be snorkeling.

While your here and not wanting to polute this forum to much with our stadler n waldorf humour could you please recomend some decent flares (no not the ones in your wardrobe) or safety kit as your quite savvy with these things.

Photo Gallery

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Good idea to carry a couple of hand help Orange Smoke Flares, these are for marking your position.

Keep them dry, Ive put mine in a piece of pipe, but its easey to get out and use.

A Mini Pack sold for small craft, dingies etc is a good idea, the pack I have fits in the P.F.D pocket, very handy.

Best to have them on your person if possible.

There are 8 cartredges, with a hand held plunger,

push the plunger into the cart and twist (bayonet fix) hold at arms length, and pull down on the trigger, off it goes.

Reaches abot 280ft in the air, burns Red for about 6 seconds, can be seen for 5 miles during daylight, and 10 at night, burns at 3,000 candela.

White flares are for immanent collision warning.

Most good Chandlers will stock them. :)

Hi Mark

Perhaps its me your thinking of. I bought a dry suit earlier this year for kayaking and made a few posts about them.

After reading reviews, asking user opinions etc I took a deep breath and ordered a Kokatat goretex drysuit in from US (came with a free fleece liner). The nylon based suits claim breathability but many users are more likely to get wet with sweat build up inside - they don't tend to breath as well as the goretex ones.

When I bought mine comments were made (not here) that perhaps it would be overkill and suited for much colder conditions. After using this suit for the last few months on days when it has been both cold and quite warm I have never had sweat build up inside.

As Simon mentions the suits dont keep you warm its what you wear underneath that counts (which should be high wicking layers so sweat can breathe out).

I was out in mine yesterday on a fairly warm day and I did not over heat / get damp with sweat at all. Unless its a really scorching day I'll wear my dry suit (if it is a scorching day I can always jump in and cool off).

They're a lot of money but worth it in my opinion.

If I hadn't bought this I would have gone for the dry cag and dry trousers option. The nylon based suits looked a bit heavy and 'sweaty' for me.

It would be good to hear comments from users of the nylon based suits.

[ 18. May 2005, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Speciman ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow