Tandem fishing

Podro

Good luck sorting that one out Simon ! :)

Not sure about the seperate kayak/tandem dilema. I got my 10 yr old a Frenzy (the fact that its great in the surf for dad, had nothing to do with it! :D ) and he does manage. As you say, it's easy to get distracted; not a nice feeling when you spot hes got too near the rocks, and its the one area thats producing a swell.

I think a lot depends on the child; some 10 year olds are very capable of looking after themselves, while others need to be watched like a hawk. The wee sods are all so different... :D

[ 21. May 2005, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Jaffa ]

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

A different solution maybe?

If you go for a Cobra F&D - the Malibu Gator hatch fits as a bow hatch - the gator hatch is a second seat for a little person......complete with the little fella's own rod holders....a great why to justify the expense to your sheila - "I'll take little Bruce out with me - and give you some peace" - when he gets bored - you chuck the gator hatch in the garage - or stick it on ebay!!

You'll need to get it from USA or here in Oz - its light, if a bit bulky - so shouldn't cost too much to ship?

Malibu kayaks(nothing to do with malibu II) hatches all fit cobra gear.

You can see one here - little picture to the left of yak.....

http://www.fishyak.com/xfactor.html

The Pro Tandem 2 (not available in UK but will be soon) is a great tandam option - mainly as it performs great as a single also, unlike riding a tandem bike where you look a complete galah on your own!!

You can take a peek at whats coming to the UK here

http://www.fishyak.com/protandem.html

Hope this helps (probably not!!)

Fishyak!

I suppose youve been out in all that clear water with the sun beating down on your back.

With huge hard fighting fish comming inboard the Yak?

Must be hell over there :D

Its been raining, blowing hard, with a scattering of hail stones here, so all in all, quite nice realy :D

Wish we could tow the u.k. over by you fellas..........but not TOOOOO close A?? :D:D

G'day

To he honest the weathers been crap recently - Perth was hit by about 30 mini-tornados last week - knocked a few houses down......

And we've had about 120mm rainfall in 2 days. So a week later we have green stuff!! Its about 25 today - with clear blue skies. generally we have about 10 months that would pass as a pom summer - its hard, we cope! :cool:

Fishyak

Interesting comments guys and a lot of food for thought. Sadly, the two kayak option is most definitely NOT available. Mrs Podro has made that VERY clear, even though Podro minor spent last weekend canoeing on the canal with school. Perhaps she is more worried about me becoming distracted and drifting off?

I think that another advantage of the Malibu II is the third seat so we could keep little sister happy with periodic trips around the bay.

Maybe the suggestion that has not yet surfaced would placate Mrs. Podro? THREE yaks :D:D You simply can't have too many boats :D (or motorbikes) I mean, come on, be reasonable.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo