Forum Stickys

Prowler

Dear Mods, fellow Yakkers lend me your oars (sorry) , would there be any chance of creating some forum stickys so that new and old visitors that visit these forums get to see what hat has been covered as far as safety at sea, kayak equipment, kitting and customising kayaks as well as links to other kayak fishing sources.

I dont mean blatent adverts for other companies, unless of course your getting sponsership money from them, but general advice on kit and where to get it, and especially safety issues.

I'm sure YY, Starvin, Simon and us boys would help collate the usefull information much of which has been disscussed but this would make it easier if it was all kept in the same place and updated not only for referance but new visitors alike.

any thoughts?

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Prowler this may be more suited for the articles section; there's quite a few topics which need to be addressed and having loads of stickys at the top of the threads may not 'sit right'.

...however a sticky topic header could be used to direct people to the articles section for info on safety, rigging etc

Just my thoughts...

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Articles are certainly the way to go. Then maybe a single sticky with links to the articles and possibly a 2nd item of short-term interest.

Too many posts stuck to the top and they will all be mostly ignored.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Good call Guys your right.

[ 20. May 2005, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Prowler ]

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Buggered if I know what you're all on about!

I thought a sticky was a particularly nasty form of phlegm ejected with force.. :D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Sticky - AKA "featured topic" or "pinned thread" but in any case, it stays at the top. This forum software puts a little red ! in the left margin to indicate the topic has been stuck.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

Articles are certainly the way to go.  Then maybe a single sticky with links to the articles and possibly a 2nd item of short-term interest.

Too many posts stuck to the top and they will all be mostly ignored.

Yep, what Newt said...

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE