FishN Dive and Trailers

Murph

I currently put my Fish and Dive on top of the vehicle using roof rack and kayak saddles. Its a bit of a heavy barge and I was wondering when I get to use it in the UK would a trailer be a better bet?

Do any you know where I might by or have made a kayak trailer suitable for a single kayak that meets all the legal needs of UK roads?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Murph

G'day Mate

Trailers.........

Single yak trailers are available in the USA and they will export to Pommieland and here in Oz

check out

http://www.trailex.com/buycat.cfm?mcat=85&cat_id=85

If you ask them to send minus wheels and hubs - you can fit local gear - to make sure it complies with your local authorities... it also makes it lighter to ship

Another option is a hullivator - its just come on the market - allows anybody, even frail old wrinklies to put a heavy yak on even a 4x4 you can eyeball one of those here

http://www.fishyak.com/thule_hullivator.html

Hope this helps!

Fishyak

Thanks Fishyak. That's a good start. I will check on the trailer idea.

In fact I bought myself a roller loader from the US. Not as sophisticated as the Hullivator but it does an ok job and its a fairly cheap option. The Fish and Dive isn't the easiest of kayaks to load.

To make life easier( in theory)also had a simple pully/hoist system on the ceiling of the garage which helps storage too.

Where abouts are you in Australia?

Appreciate the advice

Murph

Hi Murph

Perth WA........best part!!

There are much less sophisticated methods of getting your beast on your car - the easiest being a bar that extends out from underneath one of your racks - then with a bit of practice you lift the bow up onto the bar - then go to the stern of your yak and lift it parralel - at the same time pushing the bugger onto your roof - a skill easily mastered!!

Fishyak

We Butch Poms just pick it up and put it on the rack - no need for all those gadgets.

Did you hear about the Aussie rugby bra?

It is green and gold (of course), got plenty of support, quite soft but got no cup.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Strewth mate

What about the joke about you always loose without wilkinson! thing is thats no joke !

You win some silverware for the first time since 1966 - and your making jokes about us.......Ashes jokes? where do I start... :)

:cool:

Fishyak!

Steady boys, or I'll confiscate the balls. :P

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com