Hatch a few ideas.

Prowler

Whats in you bonnet? what do you guys stick under your hatch, i've currently got spare paddles,rope n anchor, drybag with beach gear and safety kit.

I would really like to utilise the space better without overloading the yak of course.

What would really be nice if someoene made an inflatable bulkhead for example which would give you plenty of room for storage in the front without having everything sliding to the back of the yak as well as adding extra floatation as a bonus.

Sorry I got my Caractacus Potts head on as the kids say.

[ 23. May 2005, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Prowler ]

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Not much at the moment. My gear is in a soft bag in the cargo well.

I've put a few noodles under the hatch and a foldable spade for emergency bait digging sessions which may also serve as an emergency paddle.

When I take the trolling motor out with me I'll put a battery in there too.

[ 23. May 2005, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Speciman ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

That long a wire run from battery to motor and you need to be looking at 8ga or larger wire.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Prowler.

Dry bag, containing space blanket, towel,sweatshirt, thats it, and back towards the foot well the fishfinder battery.

Only ever carry whats needed on the day.

Ill plan my trip, and what I intend to do. and take what I need for that trip only.

Cant abide clutter :D:D

Drybag with stuff for the shore, sometimes the cart,usually half a dozen or so seafaring garden slugs and snails.

I couple of bulkheads would be nice though.

Anyone seen pis of those South African "Kaskazi" GRP yaks, with a central hatch where you put your fish and they slide forward to the bow area? That would be nice, though maybe not possible in a rotomoulded yak?

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Jaffa, you could use noodles jammed crossways in the hull and glued at the base, did this in the Caper to stop stuff rolling around and worked well. If you have problems glueing the noodles, put a cable tie around them and glue the cable tie to the hull. Stormsure works well, the same company makes a range of glues that all appear to be the same but named differently, great marketing. :)

SM

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Yep that's the stuff, so far found it under four different names, Stormsure is the latest, all by the same company and do the same job.

Throw and handful of sweets into the garden and run into the garage with the noodles, works everytime, they'll never miss them. :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

To make temp bulkhead, use an inflateable beachball or similar - inflate in your hull, adds bouyancy if you need it, but more importantly creates seperate areas. Or go to the bottle shop and drink lots of 5 litre boxes of wine - hic demon then use the bladders for temp bulkhead/bouyancy

I carry my wheel cart in my bow hatch - so I can beach anywhere, in my centre hatch I have my fishfinder battery, mobile phone and tackle bag, sun block :cool: and cold beer :) . In my 45 degree rear hatch I have a spare rod - fully made up ready to go and my sail

Fishyak