Used Beach Fishing Tackle

Guest kevseabass

Guest kevseabass

I've been scanning the net for the last couple of hours trying to find a decent site or auction that offers used beach gear. I am on a bit of a budget at the moment and desperatly need another rod and reel. I am sure some of you may have some ideas. Let me know where to look

also i'd be interested to know if any of you have had some good second hand bargains.

cheers

kev

Guest Darth_codhead

what i would get is a :-

AVU 7000 sh about £50 the older the beter mine is from 1972 and can cast over 170yards

Ther rod i would get is :- Conaflex DC8 sh about £50

one of the best setups money can bye

can be used from beach fishing to heavy rock work

------------------

Sheffield online sea fishing club

http://www.sheffield.i85.net

Darth

Guest Alan Taylor

Originally posted by Darth_codhead:

Sounds just the job for Kev, his mate Dave recons he is a wizzard with rocks Posted Image

Alan(nl)

------------------

ANMC Founder Member. Support Anglers Net & reap the benefits, join ANMC today.

Guest kevseabass

Cheers Darth! Not cheers to Alan! your as bad as Dave. Ha ha.

Good advice that is Darth, i think i've actually seen the rod and reel your on about for sale second hand. I found a good ad's site.

www.diamondfreeads.co.uk

If anyone knows of anymore used tackle places let me know. (fishing tackle, that is)

Guest Daveangler1

While we're on this suject i posted a 'wanted rod tip' question on the other 'for sale etc..' forum page. I have'nt had any response to the tip i need, but i wondered if anyone knows if you can put a tip section onto a similar but different butt. If it's possible, and the tips cheap enough i might sell the complete rod to Kev for only five times the price i paid for it.

Cheers Dave. Posted Image

[This message has been edited by Daveangler1 (edited 05 August 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Daveangler1 (edited 05 August 2001).]

Guest Nutter

Kevseabass,

How far are you away from Treago Mills? There's one near Newton Abbots and one between Liskard and Bodmin. They have some really good tackle ther and not too expensive. A friend of mine bought a 12'6" beach caster for £20 and it looked and handled well.

Nutter.

------------------

Bill

Hereford

ANMC Founder Member

Guest Chris Goddard

Kev you could do a lot worse than have a look at the Ron Thompson kits. I've just bought a pair of uptiders and an 11ft Bass?? rod with two levelwinds and a half decent fixed spool for just a tadge over £100 delivered!! And have to say they may not be the top as rods go but they are certainly VG value for money!!

Chris

Guest fisherman

Chris, I bought a Ron Thompson beachcaster and found it much to heavy and thick at the tip for my liking. Cannot argue about the uptider or reels mind.

Kev I am the friend Nutter is on about that bought the rod from Trago mills, if you can get to one of the stores can reccomend the rod. For £20 you could do a lot worse.

Dave

------------------

ANMC Founder Member