You & your YAK?

Fishyak

Nice Pics Spanner :)

I like the idea of the mounts you made up.

The beach in the photo looks like it gets deep very quick.

Reminds me of Chessel cove here down South

zzippy2.gif

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The brackets were 'bike hangers' that I bought in B&Q ages ago and never put up in the garage, one of those jobs I never seemed to get done :) I just cut them short to fit inside the footwell and bolted them through a plywood backing plate.

The beach is actually not that deep. That shot was at high water and it slopes down to 17ft, then its flat as a pancake gaining another 5ft over the next 3/4 mile! At low water when I came back in it was about 4 or 5ft.

Good job Spanner, it's nice to finally see those RAM mounts in action.

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Good looking set up Spanner. I see you have also been to Wilko's for your crate!! matches nicely doesn't it?

What do you catch up there? Have you been for those Skate yet? Looks like you could tackle one quite happily. Give us all a shout - we'll have a skate meeting. It's not THAT far from Poole Speciman/Zzipy/Starvin......

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Actually that crate has been in use in my garage for a few years now ..... I had been using a different 'solid' plastic crate but after your post I tried this one out and it was a better fit, didn't need any trimming either :)

As for skate ..... see my post about a NW Highlands meet ...... I know a mark that has produced skate to 180lb 1mile offshore from an accessible sandy beach ...... if you are serious that is :D