South Wales

kelvindavies11

No this is just an excuse to get an anchor system sorted...long since over due!!!...I get regularly blown all over the bay and use the excuse that I cover more ground....however it does become tedious when you realise you're catching all your fish in one spot!!! :(

and just a silly question...where are we heading for??? :D ...only I noticed you mentioned Towyn, I thought we were fishin Aberdovey?

I like the sound of a square meal too!!! :D

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not as far up as I first thought :) Long drive though. Will be a last minute thing for me. Will post up/contact member/s to confirm if I will be coming.

[ 15. June 2005, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Speciman ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Speciman, it's going to be about 5 hours for me, I'm running the old van in at the moment so it's slow going will let you know which campsite when I'm booked in.

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Nifty,

Can you recommend any campsites nearby, I'll be in a campervan so they need to be camper friendly. If you give me some names I'll look them up in my book.

Cheers

SM :)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Cheers Stuart that's cool...the other Towyn is a lot further! :D

PS. theres some great reading on Tope and handling them in the new Sea Angler mag out today...it just dropped through my letterbox...which is nice :)

Cheers for now, Art

Artfulfisher:

PS. theres some great reading on Tope and handling them in the new Sea Angler mag out today...it just dropped through my letterbox...

Good stuff. Is a 1lb 3oz cuckoo wrasse caught from my yak in there? Got my wrasse badge yesterday. :D
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Well done Speciman, you going to put that on the side of the yak like the WWII pilots did. It would look fantastic. :)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Hi All,

I cannot recommend any campsites up there as i usually travel up just for the day or kip down in the car. I've looked on the os map and the nearest one i can find is Pall Mall Farm. Telephone 01654 710384.

The link that Speciman posted seems to cover the rest although looking at the map, one or two of them are 4 or 5 miles out of Tywyn.

If you are in the camper van i don't see any reason why you can't park up at the launch spot as it's at the end of a dead end road where it meets the river. The only downside could be,it looks like it gets used by the local boyracers.

Hope this helps and let me know if you are struggling and i'll try and find somewhere.

Stuart.