Tywyn tope trip

nifty

Hi Simon,

You're forgiven, I've had plenty of tope from this area, know the reefs well. Used to launch my Seahog at Tywyn and fish Sarn Bwch regularly...admittedly a bit of a difference in a 'yak. No I was wondering if anybody had the proverbial "Nantucket Sleighride" if you were drifting. Something I've always fancied..been looking at too many Yankee websites!!

I'll be up that way in Sept, fancy a go at the bass.

Anyway, looks like you had an excellent trip, well done all of you. :cool: :cool:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Speciman,

Great pics, I'm only sorry I couldn't have been with you on the second day to witness some of the action!

Kiyakker, with reference to the sleigh ride...yes Sir, it was great too...I was anchored, yet my first Tope turned my very heavy old malibu and headed off uptide and into the wind at approx 2-3 knots...yes against a 10-15mph wind, a few good knots of tide and I'm still being pulled at 2-3 knots...awe inspiring!!!...it stripped 200 yards off my multiplier until I was getting so low on the spool I just had to crank up the drag to max and pray!!! :D

Genuine respect is due to these magnificent creatures. I wouldn't dare get one on board 'too early' they are so strong even at these relatively small sizes.

What more can I say?...hook one and hang on!!! :D

I haven't stopped grinning about it! Art :)

I am pleased you enjoyed it Spanner and seems like you got plenty of fish. Next time you come down I will put you on some bass marks - trust me :)

What did you think of the setup at Clashwhannon caravan park? I could think of worse places to be

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Snatcher,

The site was great, couldn't be camping much closer to the water without getting wet ....

camp.small.jpg

Saturday at the Yellow Isle we caught mackerel, pollack (to 2lb), dab, and saithe, while Rab also had grey gurnard, dragonet, and a wee plaice. Bit slow, but a great spot to fish.

Sunday morning I trolled plugs all the way from the Clash up to Jocks point, hoping for a bass, but all I got was mackerel. I did see a garfish though :)

I'll certainly be back but I'll try and keep it flexible next time and go as soon as the tope are in. We missed 'em by a week

The War between the sexes will never be resolved ...there is far too much fraternisation with the enemy

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Simon :):):)

I feel you were probably too far out,I would have tried about 30yds off the shore casting poppers into the shore/or fly at say 45degrees.

Gannet spooked two at his feet under a weedbed 2 yards out. Better luck next time and let me know when you are coming down

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I came in close .... I went out far .... I saw no bass :(

Oh, and I spent of couple of hours at dusk ....i.e about midnight :) .... on Sat chucking poppers from the shore around the weed at Drummore ... also no bass :(

Next time though ..... :)

[ 28. June 2005, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: spanner ]