Tywyn tope trip

nifty

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Simon,

There are thornbacks about but i don't think many people fish for them nowadays. I know the last time i tried was ten years ago and i had half a dozen only a mile or so from where we fished.

I've also had a few Small eyed ray from the shore close to the launch spot.

I think the bream idea as bait is probably sound but I must admit i don't like knocking such sporting fish on the head to use for bait.

Before anyone says, I know mackerel are a sporting fish in their own right but it is easier on the conscience, especially when they are frozen first.

I just don't think there were any Tope in the area at that time, allowing the Bream to feed confidently, although it is very common for Bream fishers to hook Tope on their light gear, so maybe it is just a case of being patient and waiting and keep loading the hook up with maybe whole mackerel baits.

Cheers Stuart.