new guys seeks advice before i go drown meself :D

Hungry Fisherman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok am i gonna get a better chance of a discount at bourmouth lol do i say hi i met ppl on the net wheres me discount or is there a secret handshake :D

[ 28. July 2005, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Hungry Fisherman ]

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

don't know if you are aware but Brighton and Bournemouth are owned by the same people all you do is roll one trousers leg spit in the palm of your hand, then shake there's and say that the godfather sent you Yakity-Yak-uk and you need a good discount always works for me

i thought the websites felt familiar and prices lol

btw i have this image of yakity yak uk sticking cotton wool in his cheeks and with a dodgy yank accent doing inpressions lol

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

well i accidently fell into a tackle shop tody and bought meself two 4 piece rods for the yak

[im gonna get probs this week end]very capable looking things i should be able to cast out 2 ounces with em fairly easy i think there made for pike and carp use and they break down to roughly my arms length so easy to store away and a regal-x 4050brt reel made by daiwa i already have a couple reels i use for beach casting a millionre multiplyer that i will use on the second rod there was a ugly saffire boat rod going for 47 pounds i was tempted to get but it looked on the short side the conolon boat rod looked very nice had a 30 Lb test though is that a bit high lol i could get it if i aim to fish deep after larger fish bt i doubt ill need that kinda power atm lol will send photo's of gear and yak when im done hopefully soon :D btw essex caper any idea if fairlop waters allows ppl on there lake in a kayak would be a good place for a test dunking my safety gear etc :D

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

HF, you looked at the multi tip rods that are available, worth thinking about, also the Fladen Maxximus Solid Carbon looks nice as well, you'll probably only need something around the 12lb range, kayak fishing is about fun not hauling in small fish with powerful rods, the lighter the tackle the more fun you'll have.

Have a look on ebay and some of the links on this sight, for cheap deals, the Maxximus is £69 at Torbay Angling, might finder it cheaper on ebay, but you'll need quick fingers. :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hold Fire Chaps.

Grays have a FABULOUS boat rod - 12lb class, but the power in the butt is awesome. The taper is such that you could pole-vault with the thing, yet it is only 12lbs class!

Jim Whippy has had one on trial in Ireland - I didn't know that when I saw it when I was in Northumberalnd at the factory. I took one look and immediately picked it up. It is a very very good rod - I came backj and phoned Jim to see if i could have one on test as it looks perfect for the kayak - 8'6". He told me he already had it out in Ireland and reckoned it was the best rod he has ever fished with - now for the crunch. It is only £90 RRP - which means they will be cheaper in the shops on deals. BUY NOTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE AT LEAST SEEN ONE. Called the Grays Longboat, they do several line classes, but the lightest is the one you want.

They tell me they are doing an 8 - 12lb line class for next year - and watch out for their new multipliers which are under the design stage at the mo - going to be something else, not cheap but top quality.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

but i have bought em now lol 45 pounds each lol i am after a third rod though at 12 lbs sounds like the kind i want if ya can source some one that sells em here then ill go look at one :D

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

Your best bet would be to contact Grays direct and they will happily tell you of their nearest dealer - or deal direct with you.

Have a word with Tony Anderson at Grays - say I told you to (Simon Everett) and I am sure he will help in either of the above ways:

01665 602771 or sales@greysfishing.com

website www.greysfishing.com

Best of luck - but you won't be disappointed.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo