new guys seeks advice before i go drown meself :D

Hungry Fisherman

Simon,

Have just been on the website-is it the longboat range you're referring to .The GLB 010?

I see torbay angling and Clives t&b are agents.

Just got back from Heybrook bay(up at 05:00)

You were spot on about the weed

:( Gave up and came home for a bacon sarnie

Jon

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw guys what kinda bait can i hope to catch on a yak i mean i know mackerel is one but how do ya collect other bait i guess really sandeels do ya use lil nets or lil fly like a mackerel rig and can ya catch em easily? what about keeping e, alive if ya do catch em do you use a carp net over the side or a bucket with holes in as far as i remember sandeels are a good bait alive and can be tricky to keep alive :D

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

Never mind Musket. Yes. the Longboat 10lbs is the one - I think it is that one which has the extending butt - check. But the one I handled was the 10 - 15lb. next year they are doing a lighter one, 8-12. The prices I quoted were full recommended, so you should be able to find them on a deal somewhere.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

well ive gone and done it ppl got around 1100 quid in stuff for 990 :D thats hagggling

it was a nightmare of a journey from now on ill mailorder all the small bits lol

i left a midday phoned them i was coming etc expected to get there for 330 ish well i turned up at 4 59 i thought it was closed but nope they stayed to help me get my gear thats the good news

but the bad news was they sold out of fishing spec kayaks all of em i was gonna sulk when simon i think his name was remembered there was a scuffed one from transit sitting in the corner waiting to be claimed by insurance i told him to bring it out after a quick inspection the bungie strap behind the rider was snapped the guide rope round the outside was also damage has scuff marks on the hull and down the side but there was no real serios damage at all the lil clip thing inbetween the riders legs are damage and the lil box thing that went in there is gone but good news was the bungie and ropes was sorted there and then by the shop staff while i was being shown the cags jackets boots etc so basicly the prowler is good as new and saved from the ocean in the sky :D so got the yak with seat two rod rest a paddle catch on both sides etc etc for 400 a few scuff and loss of a dinky gimmick box s worth a 80 pound save :D all in all im happy oh yes the journey home ive never got so wet before and i aint even been on a stretch of water i bought a handy rack inflatable roof rack 50 quid that ties across and under via the doors the yak was stable and happy but it rain so hard on the way home i had water running over me and my poor other half who was behind me looking after my new baby girl abigail rose who is now 3 weeks old woot who was in the middle the only dry spot in the whole car

luckily beth is happy for me even though we was soaked i had the biggest cheasy grin on my face waffling on about the things im gonna do etc etc

any way

i bought a

prowler 13 [scuffed]

yak trolley

yak roof rack

kurta dry cag

paddling trousers

whistle torch

roof straps

paddle 110 ££££ ouch [was told to invest here]

paddle strap

waterproof bags 10litre 20 litre water proof phone holder

little barrel [waterproof]

pfd

neoprene boot things [mailed to me this week i hope as they run out]

and ore mitts strap on hand warmers that are attached to paddle i hate gloves

things i forgot to get

knee straps [do i need em]

some kind of heag gear suggestion here would be nice

and a kayak anchor a link to purchase one would be nice i saw somewhere some one showed us some kind of mini anchor system with a chain and some rope lol i want one of those :D

any way i have enuff to start and will use me two rods ans anchors for now lol ill put on fixed wires leads till i buy one lol

comments please and meet invites welcome :D

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

ooh oh yes i need a pair of scotty holders as well

i have a trout fly fishing rod uses 7-8 line i think can i use this for kayak fly fishing if so what kinda line should i use a floater or sinker plus what kinda fly's do you use and when do ya know fly fishing will work better than a floated or ledger bait?

links to fly types

leaders etc would be apreciated

[ 31. July 2005, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: Hungry Fisherman ]

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

Hi Hungry

Looks like you have nearly have everything you need I'm not to sure if you can try out your yak at Fairlop waters? there a shop near lakeside that sell anchors there £4.50 I personally never use knee straps,or head gear just a hat to stop my bald patch getting burnt :D

Hi HF.

Whos a happy chappy then :D

Well done you, now its time to enjoy it all.

Take time to read the safety pages on www.kayakfishinguk.com, and Anglers Afloat.

Be sure to practice your re-entry drills before going to far !!

Have a paddle or two before you start your rigging in earnest, imagine fishing when in the seat, and decide what you want, and where you want it.

Might want to add a knife to your list mate, serated,and sharp blade, buy good steel stays sharper longer.

Good luck, and enjoy the ride.

Yakity. :)

[ 31. July 2005, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak - u.k. ]