Let us have a look at your Kayak.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Img1067.jpg

and one from the seat of the Dorado, just in case the perspective was flattening the sea off

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Img1073.jpg

you see, even a little chap like him can handle the long kayak easily - he got to grips with turning her even in a strong wind with three or four sweep strokes - his sweeps are much shorter than ours too! The prototype kayak really is a fabulous machine and compared to the Dorado is probably the better of the two for fishing from - and I think better than the Prowlers too because she is sleeker and more stable yet just as outfittable. In these conditions she was drier than the Dorado, but not as fast it has to be said. That spray rail does a very effective job of keeping the water out of the boat - if you study the wave taking pictures you will see the spray being deflected in some of them.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

George playing a fish caught on the one prawn we ended up with for bait (!) we could have had a brilliant time! Even so, we had several good takes on surface lures - perfect conditions for them though.

Img1038.jpg

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

I've got to get off down to Cirencester now and then Northampton, but I'll post some more pictures and report details in a comparison thread - Dorado V Prototype. Watch out for it going up tonite - if I am back in time!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Lovely job Simon, very nice to see the two yaks together. Your boy seems to handle the lumpy stuff very well...you'd better start finding excuses to leave him at home or he'll be out-paddling and out-fishing us all!!!

BTW what fish was that your boy hooked into on the solitary prawn...lovely bend in the rod!!!??? :D

Anyhow thanks again for taking the time to post...very interesting stuff, All the Best, Art :)

Great report as usual Simon, you ought to do it professionally :)

Are OK going to have one of the prototypes at Southampton cos I can't wait to see it in the flesh.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com