Good Luck with Comp!

darnsarf

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it is with the captor so you can gauge its size, bear in mind that the very happy chappy is a giant, especially by Starvin Marvin standards :D

Img2007.jpg

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

To everyone who took part, well done for the efforts - and in Nifty's case plenty of that! It was a long walk back along the beach to the river - and in Starvin's case a plug through the mud.

Maybe we ought to post a thread about tides for the south coast here.... :D At least on the mud bank you don't need to throw your anchor at things!

Tahnk you Starvin for getting us all galvanised into action and to all those who braved it out and caught something off the kayak a richly deserved pat on the back. If you take part where the water is warmer than 10 centigrade, then your fish don't count as you are not putting up with enough hardship :D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Reading this thread has made my stressfull day. I hope someone is going to collect some of the stories and put them all together.

Can't wait for next year, might be able to add a tale or two of my own.

I think you all deserve a medal just for the spirit it was entered into. A real breath of fresh air. Got to be the most non competitive competition ive ever read about. Probably due to the presence of tidal waves, mud monsters and alien man eating shrimps, more about survival really :)

Excellent!

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Nice one Darsarf! ...and Simon you jammy swine...I mean skillful fisher(!!!) that's an absolute beauty...we're only left to wonder at the beasties that get away. :) ...well done to you and yours...including Nifty...you're a brave man following 'Nutty' and 'Son of Nutty' out through that lot...almost deserves a medal in my book!!! :D

All the Best guys, Art :)

HF and anyone else who fished the tournament, if you only had a couple of fish just email them to me, if the weather had been kinder I was expecting most to catch between 4 and 8 species so it would have been too much for my poor old email system, I've started work on the catch table and honours page, so lets see those fishy pictures arrive. As for gathering those tales together if Simon doesn't want them and it's OK with everyone, I'll try and do something with them.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Mud1.jpg

Mud2.jpg

There you go, glorious Hampshire mud, minutes before I had been paddling in about 12 inches of water, let that be a warning to you all. :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

...well done to you and yours...including Nifty...you're a brave man following 'Nutty' and 'Son of Nutty'

lol had me laughing i have to say i had a laff except when i thought i was gonna be washed into he ferry and seacat lanes my arms are still aching :/

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod