Multiplier Advice

SpeciMan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£65 is a bargain, Torbay Angling, sadly not on the web though.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Summerlands are brilliant, highly recommended, bought mine from there, came with red ice, but I had it changed to Big Game clear instead at no extra cost, very fast delivery.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

I have to agree about NEW Abus - note I said get a 7000 from the 80s - look in the second hand tackle sections - loot, local paper, sea angler (I just picked up a 9000 loaded with new 20lb braid (about 400 yards or morre of it for £55 - a fabulous reel) DON'T BUY A NEW ONE.

I have come to the opinion that modern fishing reels are all made much cheaper than they were - even the Penns. My red 6000 that I was using on the tope is of 1973 vintage and it has never gone wrong and is still on all the original parts! My 6500c is 1981 - similar story.

If you keep your eye on the used tackle sections there are some brilliant buys of really good tackle to be had.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

If you can get one a Shimano TLD5 will do perfectly, or maybe the larger TLD10. Ratchet, lever drag, smooth, strong, and pretty robust. My TLD10 is more than 15yrs and still going strong, its slightly bigger than a 7000. They stopped making the smaller TLDs a few years ago so it'll have to be second hand, and no you can't have mine...... :)

if on ya travels ya see a very good bargain or have a reel for sale let me know im after something resilient for yak fishing would love a slosh sealine reel but finding a bargain is tricky lol

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

HF - keep your eyes on the second hand pages in Sea Angler.

This last one had an Abu 9000 for sale - they haven't made them for about 15 years, but they are bulletproof and hold a hge capacity of line. 2 speed gearbox and powerful enough for blue sharks, possibly Porbeagles even. The one I saw was the same price I paid for mine - £55. That is value. Mine even came with a new spool of braid, which is £25 in itself, so really I only paid £35!!!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

HF, after hearing from someone who has been using their 12-20 Solid C rods for a while and who also has a good variety of multipliers to test them out on I am probably going to go for a smaller size multiplier now (5 or 6000 size).

For the really big stuff (big conger & shark) I may go for the 20-50lb Solid C rod with a suitable sized reel mentioned here.

[ 15. September 2005, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: SpeciMan ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow