Multiplier Advice

SpeciMan

HF,

There are a couple of SLOSHs on Ebay now.

Item 7182678186 is a brand new SL20SH which finishes bidding on 19th. Current price #41.

Item 7182206502 is a used SL30SH which finishes bidding on 17th. Current price #36.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Daiwa-Sealine-SL20SH...1QQcmdZViewItem

this one too now

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DAIWA-MILLIONAIRE-SL...1QQcmdZViewItem

and this lol doubt ill win em all if i did im sure i could resell a couple lol

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

Ahhhh the addictiveness of Ebay, go on bid on another, you know you can't stop at only 4 demon

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Picked up a pair of Maxximus 555 reels today to go with the Solid C rods (as advertised in the back cover of this months BFM). With the Fladen name they are made by ABU but theres little plastic on there and for £50 each I couldn't resist. Loaded them up with braid. Looking forward to field testing them.

maxximus-1.jpg

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Speciman,

will be very interested in your opion of this reel as my old penn seems a bit OTT for my solid c.

What fish will christen it I wonder,(your reel I mean)

cheers Jon.

[ 18. September 2005, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: musket ]

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Not wishing to be too controversial, what about considering the upper end of the fixed spool market at the same time.

Whilst multipliers, and Simon et al are quite correct, todays fixed spools are light years ahead of the old ones.

For my own part, I invested in a Fin Nor a few seasons ago which I use on the yak as well as for light boat work. If you have never had your hands on one, they are pretty much bomb proof and have a drag that no ABU ever built will come even close on the smoothness stakes.

It also puts up with being dropped in the drink, with or without sand. The thought of any abu getting dunked with sand is unthinkable.

True, they ain't cheap but reel (sorry) quality never is.

AndyR

Hi Andy

I hear what you're saying about using a quality fixed spool. I guess it comes down to personal preference and the job in hand. For what its worth I've always been a quality fixed spool fan. Zzippy uses a bait runner on one of his rods and I'll be using one on my spinning rods. The Shimano Stella reels look good - would love a pair of them - mucho money though.

[ 18. September 2005, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: SpeciMan ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow