Mull of Galloway "Lads Week 2006"

Snatcher

Just got back from the caravan. Plenty of mackerel and pollack on the go and the tope are still in Luce Bay :)

The bass are still a bit sparce at the moment though. Not long to go chaps :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got back from the caravan. Plenty of mackerel and pollack on the go and the tope are still in Luce Bay :)

The bass are still a bit sparce at the moment though. Not long to go chaps :)

Not long back myself, never seen any Tope though .... :(

Although we did catch Mackerel, LSD's by the score, Thornback Ray, Gurnard, Herring, Whiting, Pollock and Bull Huss..... :D

Got a bit bumpy for the yak today though so we cut it short.

Neil.

I arrive a week on Friday. Hopefully boat fishing on the Saturday.See you all in the Clash Sat night for a knees up :) Bring it on.

Musket you have my mob no so giz a bell when you arrive and I will hopefully give you a tope report :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

We're leaving glorious Devon early Saturday morning so hopefully get there late afternoon <_<

By the way where's the nearest tackle shop and what are they like?

Can't wait, :yeah:

Jon

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

We're leaving glorious Devon early Saturday morning so hopefully get there late afternoon <_<

By the way where's the nearest tackle shop and what are they like?

Can't wait, :yeah:

Jon

There is a tackle shop at Ardwell which is about 5 miles north of Drummore. You will drive past it on the way in. It is at the south end of the village and is also a boat park. He sells the basics and normally has bait in as well. If you go into Stanraer(20miles) the "Sports Shop" sells everything you can possibly want in the fishing line :)

We will have a good week :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Hi All

Just thought I would put my two penneth in regards the safety issue in Luce Bay. The only place you need to avoid is around the Mull itself. On the Ebb there is a 4-6 knot tide race on the ebb and the slightest bit of wind can make the area dangerous.

The tide also races on the large reef known as Cailiness which is south of Drummore. Here the ebb starts 3 hours before high water so it is easy to be caught out. I will quite happily supply approx times of time changes if you are considering going South of Drummore.

Tope is definatley on the cards, Do you guys anchor? A drift from the accomodation buoy off New England Bay Northwards on the flood will definatley produce some interest. There are times when the area is alive with tope.

If you want to try the Pollack then you would be better launching off Port Logan as the tides are much friendlier

Drop me a pm if you think i can be of help

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Thanks for that input Ian. There you go yakkers top advice from someone who knows the area very well.I would love to see all you yakkers catch good tope/pollack/bass even if it means us shore lads coming second in this friendly comp.

Bring it on :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Thanks Ian,

Will take heed of your advice.Good news about the tope being a strong possibility. :)

Have sent a PM.

Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"