Mull of Galloway "Lads Week 2006"

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#11 Snatcher

Snatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,909 posts
  • Interests:Angling,Shooting,Drinking,Darts,Tying fishing flies/lures,Weigh training,following NUFC football club,more drinking

Posted 30 September 2005 - 06:20 AM

Spanner they look but the alcohol bit leaves them in "AWE"

Yakers we need a champion to challenge the shore lads.

The challenge is heaviest fish Shore + boat /yak

I will provide a trophy

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend
HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

#12 Fastd

Fastd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Interests:Any kind of Fishing/boating

Posted 01 October 2005 - 12:24 AM

Hmmm...heaviest boat fish

As discussed snatcher I will be able to make some of the week but almost certainly not all of it. Happy to provide safety cover for you yakers while I'm there as long as you stay around a likely tope spot :)

Taking the family would be a problem as the wife suffers major panic attacks that can only be cured by spending at least 4 hours every day in a major shopping complex and we have a parrot that has a liking for any kind of woodwork which would cause major problems in a caravan! and perhaps even worse in a tent!

Dave
Save Our Sharks Member
www.save-our-sharks.org

#13 Snatcher

Snatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,909 posts
  • Interests:Angling,Shooting,Drinking,Darts,Tying fishing flies/lures,Weigh training,following NUFC football club,more drinking

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:50 AM

Be great to have you along Fastd - sorted your phone yet ? :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

#14 Snatcher

Snatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 12:38 AM

Ok team this is the question for the engraver?
It will be a challenge for us shore lads against the yakkers. What do you want engraved on the trophy ? The heaviest fish will take it. Catch and releaser is fine. Word of mouth is good.

Think Spanner had a good time last year but the potential to yakkers is amazing :o
loads of virgin marks :o

Tope to 70 lb :o pollack to 10lb :o wrasse to 5lb mullet to ? they are big,bass to 10lb etc etc

If you fancy the challenge

As Spanner knows my caravan park at Drummore takes 2/3 small tents but if you want digs look on Ian Burrets site onyermarks.

Sorry yakers us shore lads will the cup easily ;)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

#15 geffaz

geffaz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:fishing,diving,running,beer, and girls, notable pbs, 27lb unknown common carp, 87lb mekong catfish (thailand) 30lb king mack , and black tip of unknown weight! loads of bits and bobs both heer and abroad!<br />luv it all from fluff chucking , wrecking and session carping! u name it ! ill have a go at it!<br />ambitions of the moment!! decent shore cought bass, get into kayaks next spring and give the smooth hound a bashing! maybe a big tope (somthing that still eludes me)

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:02 AM

Ok team this is the question for the engraver?
It will be a challenge for us shore lads against the yakkers. What do you want engraved on the trophy ? The heaviest fish will take it. Catch and releaser is fine. Word of mouth is good.

Think Spanner had a good time last year but the potential to yakkers is amazing :o
loads of virgin marks :o

Tope to 70 lb :o pollack to 10lb :o wrasse to 5lb mullet to ? they are big,bass to 10lb etc etc

If you fancy the challenge

As Spanner knows my caravan park at Drummore takes 2/3 small tents but if you want digs look on Ian Burrets site onyermarks.

Sorry yakers us shore lads will the cup easily ;)

oh well thats that then! wonder how much easy jet will take my yak and me for + hire car?
gota be cheaper than driving 10h up to the mull and needing to sleep for 24 h to sweaty sock land?
getting **** as a newt and then waiting another 24 to get the scotch outa my system! and doing another 10 hours! im defo looking at internal flights but to fly to newcastle is 75quid go to the med for that! plus big lump of plastic! how much to scotland with a yak? ill get back to you on it! maybe us soft southerners could get a van together from the airport and split the cost?

#16 Snatcher

Snatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:56 PM

geffaz where are you based,no clue from your personal data ? If we know from where you come we may have some helpful responses for you.

Still after a go in your outsize banana Spanner if we cross swords :lol: :lol:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

#17 spanner

spanner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:sea fishing - shore, boat &amp; kayak!

Posted 03 November 2005 - 08:48 AM

no problem mate ..... if you buy me a pint :)

#18 Snatcher

Snatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:55 PM

Well it is my turn I believe :D

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

#19 Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 07:44 PM

Hiya Snatch.

Would love to come, but the distance is out of the question for me.
Wish you luck.
Be sure to explain the paddling around the Mull situation to any and all that turn up.
Any strong tides etc, Im sure you have it all worked out, but had to mention it mate :)

YY :)

#20 Snatcher

Snatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:28 PM

What do you mean the distance rules it out. Can you not paddle up.

Its only a short hop over the Bristol Channel,hug the west coast of wales. From Anglesey make a run for the IOM. Mankman will probably put you up for the night.

First thing next morning it is only a 25 mile sprint to the Mull. Come on softie I can see the IOM from my caravan :lol: :lol: :lol:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair