Fly fishing from Yak. Mk II

Simon Everett

Right folks, let's try again. I have been told where in my software I have to go to resize - it is a right old rigmarole - you can't do it from RAW files, you have to convert them first, then resize them again!

Anyway, I went down to stay with barramundi for a couple of days and took the Scupper Pro and Dorado down for him to try. We went out in the morning with the Scupper and trollyed it about 1 mile down over the cliffs to one of his little spots. I was on the rocks with the camera and shouting encouragement. I must say, Barra coped very well, considering he was wearing his breathable chesties and it was his first time out!

After an hour or so he had had enough so we hauled the Scupper back up the cliff - no mean feat. We were both sweating at the end of it and must have burnt off 600 calories apiece at least!

After breakfast we went off in search of a quiet haven to cast a fly. The wind had got up and so we wanted some peace, tranquility and shelter from the 30 knots of breeze.

Here is Barramundi, somewhere in Cornwall:

CRW_0990_1.JPG

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You simply can't get to places like this without a boat, and a kayak is the easiest form of getting afloat. It wouldn't have quite the same charm if you were in a cuddy fishing boat.

CRW_1004_1.JPG

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

This is just one of the loveliest places on earth to fish. It reminded me of the Amazon last year and reminded Barramundi of the backwaters in Australia.

CRW_1012_1.JPG

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

For those who haven't seen her. This is the Dorado. I was using a drogue and the little chap on the end was hell bent on diving into the drogue lines! Just look at the bend he has put into my 9 weight Loomis!

CRW_1018_1.JPG

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo