Fly fishing from Yak. Mk II

Simon Everett

Nice post Simon. Scupper looks the part. Might have to re evaluate. Shame they only do it in green.

This fluf chucking looks the business

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can get the Scupper in other colours. You don't have to go for olive - but you might have to order a different colour. Anyway, the olive is a good colour.

I know the Dorado is nice and bright - orange and white and all that, BUT - sometimes you want to hide.....!

I am of the opinion that if you get an olive one, you can always make yourself conspicuos if you want to - just use one of those workmans fluoro vests - they roll up to nothing, and you can put it on over your lifejacket if you need to be seen.

Be seen when you want to be seen, blend in at all other times!!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Re: doing up pfd.

I really do acknowledge the need for safety but come on :rolleyes: This guy is in shallow calm water with an experienced companion.His biggest threat is getting damp.

Well done on catching your first fish from a yak.

It really is worth twice as much than if you caught it from the shore.

Cheers Jon.

(I'm ready for the flak)

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Hi Musket.

No flak mate.

The advice offered on this site is with your safety in mind, and everybody elses.

When we spot things that arnt right, we will highlight them.

He should have his P.F.D on correctly whatever.

If his EXPERIENCED companion was having problems too......what then?

Its the "very unlikely to happen to me" attitude that catches people out.

On a personal note, my P.F.D. is done up before I enter the water, and stays that way till I come out again.

Whats the point of having it on, if you dont use it correctly mate.

Scupper Pro will be available in Olive, Grey and Yellow I believe, Olive is great if your in the jungle, but you need to be aware of how difficult it is to see at sea, so if you buy that colour dress bright.

On the PFD front, it's like a seat belt, why have one if you don't wear it properly, just do it up... remember **** happens when you least expect it... There may be Hippo in that stretch of the river :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Specimen - you will get into trouble if you talk like that - just where would you keep it? They are a foot longer than a P13!!

I suppose you could hang it out of the window by the rudder post !

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

We've got a 30ft drop outside our windows - my choice of kayak will be unlimited. I would have to check with the neighbours first... I don't know if they'd put up with my yak hanging and banging against their bedroom window :D

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Simon Everett:

I think half the problem is that a prop forward was trying to wear a wingers PFD   :D  

Ah yes 'the tight fit'. To give credit, it does look like he tried to do the zip up in the first pic. How's your sewing Simon ? :D
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow