Fish Yak - Malibu Kayaks

Elton

richi:

i read somewhere that the malibu extreme weighed 80lbs,does the x factor weigh a lot too? if i wanted one i'd start pumping iron now .thats the best thing about having a caper you can carry it with one hand!

That figure is a bit out actually, both the Extreme and the X-Factor weigh 29.5kgs, (65lbs) and they carry pay loads of 239kgs and 273kgs respectively. I am sure that there will be lighter kayaks, but it is unlikely that any of them will have as many of the facilities anglers want when they are on the water. A wheel assembly makes transportation easy and at the water's edge it can be dismantled and put away in the front storage hatch. One of the facilities I love is the 45degree hatch just behind the seat which enables you to store your rods inside of the kayak - thus preventing them from flapping around as you take your kayak to the water. Obviously other tackle can be stored away or strapped to the kayak for transportation.

Obviously there are arguments for all of the kayaks that are available and in the reqirements of some, the Malibu range will fail. They are not the cheapest and they are not the lightest but for the angler who wants a light fishing platform that is designed solely for anglers in mind, the Extreme and X-Factor are definitely worthy of serious consideration.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mad Yakka:

Hi, Chevin m8 (Andy) gr8 to get in here at last and try to catch up. I hope the new jobs gannin well for ya    

I've got the X factor at the top of my wish list for now but am waiting for more offerings from the big companies before I "dive in", LOL    

Hi Andy good to see you here. I see on another thread several people have complained that their kayak leaks. Is it the same type as the one you had leaking?

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.