Flounders

SpeciMan

No worries SpeciMan,

Have you considered float fishing for the flounders on the channel edges? I'm sure thats how two 5lb ers were caught last year, but later in the season.

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Specimen,

If you want scale sample envelopes I can get some to you. All the scales samples we can get from 36cm - 38cm bass the better - and from as many different venues as possible too.

Join BASS - go and have a look at www.ukbass.com

Thanks chaps.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Oh well of all the days I go fishing and I end up catching 6 bass which probably fell into the 30-38cm category! Zzippy and I usually get plagued with scores of 1/4lbers with the occassional bigger one thrown in. Where I fished today there were fewer schoolies but those that I caught were bigger on par with the size Simon posted in a recent report. Trolling with two rods one with Delta Sonar spoon and the other with 1 ounce ball weight and 2ft hook length, the spoon outfished the ledger 3:1. No flatties unfortunately but no matter a good day out as always :)

Thanks for the offer of the envelopes Simon; I'll pick up some of those sealable plastic bags locally. I need to buy a load in as I use them for rigs and I've run out.

Scotty - its my first season on the water so haven't targetted flatties with the float before. This summer I tried a float fished on the edges of a channel but it was a half hour attempt and not in flattie season. I will give what you suggest a try. Thanks :)

[ 10. October 2005, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: SpeciMan ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Nice catch M8 :D

Where did you end up?

I couldnt get out after Friday .I was in bed all weekend with the stomach bug.And I thought I had got away with it

zzippy2.gif

Sorry to hear that mate. Thought you might have gotten away with it as I didn't get a call requesting supplies!

I launched from the footpath at Sandbanks & headed down and then drifted the channel near Goathorn penisular. From there I continued down between Green and Furzey island and then back up on the eastern side of Brownsea. Wind and tide help take me down there but the wind changed direction from south to south easterly so I had a few fishing stops on the way back to break the paddle up.

[ 10. October 2005, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: SpeciMan ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Thanks for the offer of Supplies.Helen was better by Sat.

You like the GoatHorn side of the Harbour dont you

Were there any Charter boats Fishing the hole by Brownsea Castle?Just Curious to see if the Herring are in yet.

Anyway,I am on nights now till Friday and going to Bath on Sunday.So should be able to get a trip in on Sat or Monday if your up for it.

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

I like it over there its quiet - little boat traffic and nice scenery :) A fellow member from Poole Bay Small Boat Angling Club came over on his RIB to say hello on my way back. :)

I didn't make it down to where I planned to (Cleavel Point and beyond) - will take the trolling motor if I'm heading that far or find a closer launch point.

There were a few fishing boats in the harbour entrance but not near Brownsea. Have never caught a herring before but they sound like an easy dinner to catch if they are in :D

[ 10. October 2005, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: SpeciMan ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow