GRAYLING BASH...TIMSBURY MANOR...NOV 12th

argyll

i just feel i should let everyone know that i don't think glenns ever actually caught a fish, but we all live in hope ;)

you can hitch a lift with me if you like glenn

Delighted to accept the offer of a lift, Jeeps.

Think I should squash this ugly rumour about my catching abilities tho ...

gb_minnow.jpg

Ha !

:P

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I fished Timsbury yesterday :)

Having fished there previously when it's been cold, wet and windy......... no really cold, really wet and really windy, when I was invited along for an October trip, it seemed that a day fishing Timsbury when the leaves are still on the trees, the river running clean and in warm gentle October sunshine was a dream come true.

As the day approached, the weather forecast just got worse, heavy rain and gales for much of the day.

When I was collected from Kent at 6am, it was a still morning and dry.

Two miles down the road and the first raindrops fell on the windscreen

And it just got worse, confirming my fear that we'd be unpacking our gear in an unrelenting downpour, trudging down to the river to set up brollys in a howling gale, threading line through the rod rings as the rain hammered on the brolley.

I was quite looking forward to it!

Well the weather did become really atrocious as we drove down the M3, fast moving cloud coming in at tree top height from the east, and sheets of rain and spray.

But as the sky began to lighten, I noticed that the clouds had started to come from the West, indicating that we were now in the sourthern sector of the depression, and then they started to break up. The front had passed.

By the time we got there, the sky was blue, albeit some nasty looking cloud still hanging around, and the wind had died away completely.

Well it did get a bit windy, now and again, but just gusting stuff that passed by, and we did get some light showers, but the nasty stuff was going passed just to the east of us and we were just clipping the edge.

We all caught grayling, rainbows and browies, oh! and minnows

The intersting bit was that the fish weren't in the deep part of the main river (thoughthe minnows were), but mostly in the shallows, just a foot deep. Very often you couldn't see fish, but they were there, as a dipping float followed by lots of splashing indicated :)

The fast carrier was also full of obliging trout and grayling.

Turned out nice after all :)

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Gerry

If there are still places Sue and I would like to come along, we were just thinking of booking up independently any way

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Thats Tony + 1 confirmed.

All Timsbury Manor beats are now booked out exclusively to Anglers Net for the 12th November, so we have the fishery entirely to ourselves. Still places available.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'