Devon Fish Meet.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi chaps

What about Salcombe? Good marks around Bolt head Prawle point .I haven't fished it for a long time but it was reasonable sheltered in the Portlemouth area as I recall ,if the weather is bad.

Edited by chuggs

Hi YY

I don't mind where we go, as long as the tide/waves aren't too challenging, as it'll be my first serious fishing trip on a Kayak.

I'm not going to get time to pop over to show you the Hobie before the 12th, as I am on a lads weekend next week.

I'd like to get your advice on fitting two Scotty rod holders I have. I'm a bit paranoid about drilling holes in such an expensive piece of plastic (especially with my DIY skills!! ).

I'll keep an eye on the board to see where we will be fishing on the 12th. I guess someone will be able to advise on bait/rigs etc.

Thanks,

Dave

Kayak - Hobie Mirage Outback

Location - Paignton

Hi All

Salcombe sounds a better option for weather reasons, as you can almost fish in any wind direction and still find shelter and probably fish reasons, this time of year can throw up allsorts from inside the sand bar from flounder, thornbacks, coalies to gilt head bream and some nice bass. However, I personally wouldn't contemplate going out past the bar this time of year, even with a slight swell, with certain tide conditions and wind directions it can really rear up there. There are loads of good marks down the bottom end inside the bar, out from South Sands, with deep sand gullies, sand banks and isolated submerged rocks.

Happy to go with the flow though.

Nick

Are you still planning on 12th Nov? I have a couple of boat tests to do on the Thurs and Fri - Chichester and then Poole. If the weather is looking promising could I come along? It isn't that much further along from Poole and I would have all Friday evening to do it! Weather dependent though - if it is going to be horrid I shall head north for some warmth and comfort :)

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Well due to the powers that be playing the fool on probate, it looks like I will be in the UK for the 12th :)

So if we are all going to meet up, can someone send out meeting place, ie carpark, time etc and also what bait to take etc. I have had the P15 standing outside still under wraps and it needs using, will get me away from her indoors and the pugs for a day so can,t be bad. terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Hi All,

So that's settled then, Salcombe on the 12th it is. I'm looking forward to it, great setting , should make for some great pics and a fish or two will be a bonus . All we need is a window in this crap weather, we must be due it!

Simon, as Dave A has already mentioned be good to see you there.That goes for any one who fancies a day afloat.

Regarding bait and a meeting place ,as I've mentioned previously it has been a number of years since I was there last. Yaskalos seems to know the area quite well maybe he can offer some advice on meeting places , bait etc. Good advice on the dangers of the bar at the mouth Nick.

Laurence

:mellow:

Hi Chuggs/ all,

Thats it then :)

East Portlemouth ( Salcombe )would be very nice, get your maps out :D

Like you Chuggs I havnt fished there for years, but it is a lovely place.

Nice deep channel in the middle ish, some nice rock off to the left, and moorings up to the right by the old ferry slip.

There is parking down there, think its National Trust ?

Yes, Anyone is welcome to come along, that goes without saying.

Shall we make it 09.30 meet???? or keep to 11.00am

Bait wise, taking crab, worm, mack, frozen eel.

Take a look here guys.

http://www.thesalcombe.co.uk/salcombe_out_of_season.htm

Cracking spot, top left pic is the beach we will launch from.........I think :D:mellow: its been a while since I was there.

Enjoy. :)

Edited by Yakity - Yak - u.k.