Devon Fish Meet.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Hi

I'm happy to fish earlier as well. 09.30 is fine with me. I'm also happy to go shore fishing if it's is crap weather.

Question - I haven't got an anchor for the Hobie yet, as I'm waiting for a few bits to come from the distributor. Will we be drifting or can we tie up some where? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm more used to boat fishing.

Can any one give me a road name to aim for? I can look it up on Satnav.

Looking forward to it!

Dave

Kayak - Hobie Mirage Outback

Location - Paignton

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave.

Not sure on road names, will look into it.

Re the anchor, DEPENDING ON THE TIDE, Ill be tieing off on the pot bouys etc.

Will also have the anchor with me.

Have you made up bow and stern lines yet??

If not, good idea to do so, use a bungee shock stopper on the ends.

NO question is ever stupid mate, we are all learning here.

Bill. :)

Edited by Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Bill, as I don,t have any idea of devon it would be nice if we could travel together or in convoy if thats ok. What fish are we going for??? can I give you a ring later in the week, I need your help on a few things, terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Hi Nick.

Glad your o.k. with the change of venue and time 09.30.

Lets hope the weather is kind to us, looking forward to meeting you. :)

Bill.

Hi Terry.

Glad your able to come along, I know it was looking doubtfull.

Of course we can travel in convoy :D .......will arrange for you, Chuggs and myself to meet up.

Look forward to your call :)

Bill.

Hi Chuggs.

Thanks for your vote of confidence........me knowing where Im too.........what day is it ???? :D:D

Its been a very long time since I was there, so will be following a map.....YOUR map :D

Sure that between us, we will get hopelessly lost......Ill be leaving home at 06.00 :D:D ( Joke )

Looking forward to it mate.

Catch you later Bud.

Bill.

Hi All

Back in the land of the living, crap holiday in Wales, just finished the netting week at work so I'm absolutely knackered, to top everything off I called AS Watersports and there is no sign of my Tarpon 140 so I'm pretty p****d off.

Thinking about cancelling my order, any suggestions for a replacement??

It was good to meet all of you and I look forward to the meet even if I am still yakless.

regards

Flynny

Hi Flynny

Sorry to here about your yak probs mate .

I know there's been a couple of probs with Ok prowlers of late , but I can strongly recommend them .Very good customer service and a three year warranty goes a long long way... £250 cheaper too, that buys a lot of other gear when your starting out.

If you fancie a trip down here to the coast, your more than welcome to try it for yourself , you wont be disappointed! Yakity has the Prowler 15 he says he is well pleased with it. Both very nice yaks.

Chuggs

Hi Flynny2.

Sorry to hear about the Tarpon mate :( .

The thing is, youve waited this long, so may as well follow it through.

Can understand your frustration and anger though.

Chuggs has made some good points, and the Prowler 13 is a nice Kayak.

But given the unfortunate problems that have followed the Prowler 13 ( i.e. leaking scupper hole moulds )

You may be as well to either wait for the Tarpon, or, wait for a new batch of Prowler 13s to enter the country.

If you like, I will TRY to load the Scrambler XT on my roof too, so you can have a fish ??

Ill see how it fits up there, no promises.

I have a spare paddle - p.f.d - seat - paddle leash etc.

What kit have you got up to now??

At least the weather is fairly crap at the momment mate, if it were warm and sunny youd be even more pi$$ed off.

Let me know about the XT ?

Bill. :)

Hi All

9.30 is good with me also. Parking on the East Portlemouth side is best down at the end of the lane in the National Trust car park, should be very quiet there this time of year. The car park is down at Mill Bay, this is halway down the estuary and it is an easy paddle down to the good spots such as 'The Castle', Splatcove (good shore mark for Bass), opposite Splatcove is Sunny Point and about 300yds NW off sunny point is a deep pit with a reef another good spot and aslo very sheltered.

I may (see how I'm doing for time) well launch from North or South sands to save me the drive all around to Portlemouth as I'll be coming from the Plymouth direction.

As for bait, sandeels (live or frozen) rag or lug, crab if you can get it, and any fish bait should be good.

Hopefully this weather will settle down and looking forward to meeting you all.

Try these links, if I can get them to work!

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?cli....x=187&down.y=4

Think you'll have to copy and paste into your browser.

http://www.multimap.com/map/photo.cgi?clie...gaz&coordsys=gb

Nick

Hi All

Links appear to be working ok, you can zoom in/out once you get there. Mill Bay car park is in the woods at the back of the beach.

Nick