ADMIRALTY PIER DOVER (a word of warning)

ray carper

I promised my son i would take him sea fishing during the school hols, was going to take him out on the breakwater yesterday. but due to the terrible weather could,nt go. checked the weather for today (11-8) I thought i know i,ll take him down to the admiralty, should'nt be busy after all it's mon and used to always catch a few fish off there. last time i went there was about 6-7 years ago. so after a 75 mile drive and buying 20 quids worth of bait arrived at the pier at 8-15, and as i stepped on to the pier i could'nt believe my eyes, it was packed. so i thought never mind we're here now and decided to fish the only place left, right on the first bend. i wish i had just thrown my bait in the water and gone home. there was 3 fellas come walking past me about 9-30 and explained they had had enough already as they was sick of untangling their lines from sets of feathers. About 10 o'clock i had a walk up the pier and was amazed me and my son was the only white english on there ( AND NO I'M NOT RACIALLY PREJUDICED) as the day went on it just got worse and worse, there was kids running around everywhere, all kinds of rubbish blowing down the pier, screaming and shouting at one another. it was more like being at a chimps tea party. And then the creme de le creme a nappy bag with dirty nappy inside come floating by (lovely) this along with the fact the 2 blokes about 20ft up from me taking it in turns to cast the 7 rods they had between them which meant we spent most of the day fishing down the wall, and the rancid smell of urine was enough for me. so we packed up and come home. on the way out i asked the bloke in the kiosk why the extension was closed and was told they have to shut it down when there's a cruise ship in, because the people on the ships kept complaining about people uranating over the railings. I'm afraid i'm one person who will never be going back there. and i'm sure there's a lot of others who feel the same.

so if you have any plans of visiting this venue DON'T BOTHER

absolutely disgusting venue :angry:

I promised my son i would take him sea fishing during the school hols, was going to take him out on the breakwater yesterday. but due to the terrible weather could,nt go. checked the weather for today (11-8) I thought i know i,ll take him down to the admiralty, should'nt be busy after all it's mon and used to always catch a few fish off there. last time i went there was about 6-7 years ago. so after a 75 mile drive and buying 20 quids worth of bait arrived at the pier at 8-15, and as i stepped on to the pier i could'nt believe my eyes, it was packed. so i thought never mind we're here now and decided to fish the only place left, right on the first bend. i wish i had just thrown my bait in the water and gone home. there was 3 fellas come walking past me about 9-30 and explained they had had enough already as they was sick of untangling their lines from sets of feathers. About 10 o'clock i had a walk up the pier and was amazed me and my son was the only white english on there ( AND NO I'M NOT RACIALLY PREJUDICED) as the day went on it just got worse and worse, there was kids running around everywhere, all kinds of rubbish blowing down the pier, screaming and shouting at one another. it was more like being at a chimps tea party. And then the creme de le creme a nappy bag with dirty nappy inside come floating by (lovely) this along with the fact the 2 blokes about 20ft up from me taking it in turns to cast the 7 rods they had between them which meant we spent most of the day fishing down the wall, and the rancid smell of urine was enough for me. so we packed up and come home. on the way out i asked the bloke in the kiosk why the extension was closed and was told they have to shut it down when there's a cruise ship in, because the people on the ships kept complaining about people uranating over the railings. I'm afraid i'm one person who will never be going back there. and i'm sure there's a lot of others who feel the same.

so if you have any plans of visiting this venue DON'T BOTHER

absolutely disgusting venue :angry:

if you have no predudice why piont out your lad was the only White English kid on the pier, was it pertinant to the story and if so how ?

I agree the Admiralty in mackeral bashing season is grim

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

if you have no predudice why piont out your lad was the only White English kid on the pier, was it pertinant to the story and if so how ?

I agree the Admiralty in mackeral bashing season is grim

I think he put that info into the report because it demonstrated that the people causing all the problems were not indigenous. I think one has to face facts, whilst we may have had problems in the past since enlargement of the EU these problems have increased. That is not a racist comment just a fact of life.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Five B,

I didn't take his comments as raciallly biased and do understand the need for it! We have simular problems here in the USA and it is immediately recognized when you go to an area. It is not just the fact that he was the only one there, but the fact that the other anglers were in mass. These anglers are primarily fishing for food to maintain and supplement their diets. They are not fishing to have fun and do not consider the tangles as something to worry about. They have their rights as well and although we do not see it in the same light as they do, They are Fishing! I try to be as patient as I can with them, but it is HARD! I find myself attempting to Teach Casting techniques and also other fishing MANNERs when surrounded by others. Sometimes it Works and Most of the time it doesn't! At this point I find somewhere else to go as the frustration set in. JMHO!!!!!

HOPPY4

HOPPY

I havent fished the Admiralty for some time its never been a pleasant venue and its been some time since its been realy productive,It was however leased to Dover SAC I think,(but certainly a local club) and was marshalled by them It used to cost you to fish the pier you also Brought assosiate membership on your first visit then subsequent visits where cheaper, If that is still case these poeple are there by licence, the marshall could and should invite them to leave if there behaviour is unacceptable, regardless of where they came from, hence me not understanding the pertanance of bringing Johny foriegner into the debate, they are there and suffered becuase it brings an ordinary average at best venue, revenue durring the summer the behavoiur is purley down to innefectual management of the venue, there are piers in the uk that have banned feathering and multi hook rigs if the will existed this could be done there as well going a long way towards negating any anti social elements.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

The OP is right in every thing he has pointed out.

The Admiralty was once voted the UK premier fishing venue (and by a massive margin) in a massive poll

done by Sea Angler magazine, this must have been some 10-15 years ago.

When i lived in Felixstowe i would make day return visits to the pier. I now live 15 mins

away and work 5 mins away and have not fished it since we moved down 2 1/2 years ago.

I'm pretty sure the Harbour board will close this (once) great venue as there is no way back :angry:

As a dock pass holder i can fish the Eastern arm (IMHO a better venue) so no loss for me.

It's a crying shame, but what can the Dover sea angling club do, keep non whites off it? that aint gonna 'appen.

There was a fight on there recently with an asian guy ending up getting stabbed :huh: You will not find N4lly on there.

Again, its a shame.

B)

1509tarpon_75_.gif

The OP is right in every thing he has pointed out.

The Admiralty was once voted the UK premier fishing venue (and by a massive margin) in a massive poll

done by Sea Angler magazine, this must have been some 10-15 years ago.

When i lived in Felixstowe i would make day return visits to the pier. I now live 15 mins

away and work 5 mins away and have not fished it since we moved down 2 1/2 years ago.

I'm pretty sure the Harbour board will close this (once) great venue as there is no way back :angry:

As a dock pass holder i can fish the Eastern arm (IMHO a better venue) so no loss for me.

It's a crying shame, but what can the Dover sea angling club do, keep non whites off it? that aint gonna 'appen.

There was a fight on there recently with an asian guy ending up getting stabbed :huh: You will not find N4lly on there.

Again, its a shame.

B)

Its not non whites that are the issue, its Dick heads, who may or may not be white and Yes they can be barred and be made to comply with what ever Bye laws and covernents DSAC want to inforce within reason, if there was the will to do so,

انا آكل كل الفطائر

Its not non whites that are the issue, its Dick heads, who may or may not be white and Yes they can be barred and be made to comply with what ever Bye laws and covernents DSAC want to inforce within reason, if there was the will to do so,

the point i was trying to make five bellies is

the pier is as far as i know run by dsac. the problem is these people don't give a toss about anyone else but themselves. they treat the place like a toilet, chuck their crap all over the place, and have no regard for any rules. someone mentioned they fish to supplement their diets, i think you'll find their fishing to sell. and yes i was pointing out the problems are being caused by non uk whites. and if you was the poor sod in the kiosk would you go and tell them to pack their 7 rods away and get off the pier.

not knowing if your going to end up copping an hiding or thrown in the drink. dover harbour board have already made dsac close half the pier when there's a cruiseliner in because the passengers did'nt want to watch people **** over the railings. no doubt when the people getting off the cruiseliners start complaing they don't want to see the people fishing **** over the railings as their walking back to their vehicles , or finding all kinds of nasties on their cars when they get back to them, DHB will totally close the pier. who do you think DHB are going to want to keep happy their customers (spending £millions each year) or a few fishermen that treat the place like a shithouse. HELLO DSAC wake up and do something before it's too late. :angry::angry:

the point i was trying to make five bellies is

the pier is as far as i know run by dsac. the problem is these people don't give a toss about anyone else but themselves. they treat the place like a toilet, chuck their crap all over the place, and have no regard for any rules. someone mentioned they fish to supplement their diets, i think you'll find their fishing to sell. and yes i was pointing out the problems are being caused by non uk whites. and if you was the poor sod in the kiosk would you go and tell them to pack their 7 rods away and get off the pier.

not knowing if your going to end up copping an hiding or thrown in the drink. dover harbour board have already made dsac close half the pier when there's a cruiseliner in because the passengers did'nt want to watch people **** over the railings. no doubt when the people getting off the cruiseliners start complaing they don't want to see the people fishing **** over the railings as their walking back to their vehicles , or finding all kinds of nasties on their cars when they get back to them, DHB will totally close the pier. who do you think DHB are going to want to keep happy their customers (spending £millions each year) or a few fishermen that treat the place like a shithouse. HELLO DSAC wake up and do something before it's too late. :angry::angry:

have you made a formal complaint to them?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

have you made a formal complaint to them?

hi yer barry

did'nt seem a lot of point. the kiosk bloke knew what was going on, and surely he reports back to dsac.

someone has since told me this has been going on for ages, if dsac can't be bothered to act on previous reports did'nt seem a lot of point in wasting my time. i just put the post on here to warn other people what to expect at the admiralty. does'nt matter to me if DHB close it or not i certainly would'nt go back there. (maybe it's better in the winter months)