Monk Lakes, Maidstone

mc_mrbishi

Hi all,

Im off to Monk Lakes on Thursday morning for a 3 day stint, and was wandering if anyone had any tips for the specimen lake (mallard i beleive).

Good swims, tactics and baits, any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

I have been told that you must decide on your tactics when you arrive due to the conditions that prevail at the time.

If you are doing a three day stint you will have plenty of time, you must also have a very deep wallet.

Good luck and let us know how you got on. :)

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

Im off to Monk Lakes on Thursday morning for a 3 day stint, and was wandering if anyone had any tips for the specimen lake (mallard i beleive).

Good swims, tactics and baits, any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

how did you get on ??

• 2 weeks later...
hi all

friend of mine recently went to monks for an 24hr session on one of the very few warmer days

had loads of carp and tench on strawberry bolies fished over meat

(so he tells me)

cheers

in-line

this must have been from puma or bridges lake as i dont think there are any tench in the mallard i could be wrong ?. im off over there for 48 hours from monday next week (mallard).

• 1 year later...

Just returned from Monk lakes yesterday after a 24hr session on Puma lake. I fished luncheon meat on a running ledger and first had a 2lb chub then 2 3lb golden tench then an 18lb mirror carp then a 15lb mirror carp aswell as a normal tench about 3lb and a 2lb bream.