Good fishing in Liverpool?

UJ Supanova

It's funny, but Johnsons in Rice Lane always makes me feel as if I am intruding in family grief when I go there!

Cliff in Taskers is sound but they are expensive, and although his place is a health hazard, for info and a laugh, Bob's in Smithdown Road takes some beating - and he's cheap.

NWAC in Hindley are OK so long as you are accustomed to everyone sounding like Peter Kay clones. 'Therrre's yer reel, Cock'

'What's up with the other one? was it a fake?'

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigger

Hey Cock !!

Watch it i'm an Ex Wigan'er.

Usually John gets the lads in the shop to nail everything down if there's a scouser in town.

:P:D

tigger:

Hey Cock !!

Watch it i'm an Ex Wigan'er.

Usually John gets the lads in the shop to nail everything down if there's a scouser in town.

:P      :D  

I'm not a scouser, a wooly-back or a plastic scouser.

Guest tigger

Alan Stubbs:

I'm not a scouser, a wooly-back or a plastic scouser.

Plastic scousers are from Skelmersdale.

A wooly-back is a none scouser.

So what are you ?

:confused:

[ 21. August 2005, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: tigger ]

woolly back is a none scouser? you mean anyone who isn't a scouser?

woolly backs are from the mill towns around liverpool (including skem)

[ 21. August 2005, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: jeepster ]

I live in Liverpool but moved there from Kent.

Plastic Scousers are also from the Wirral - according to a Plastic Scouse friend.

[ 22. August 2005, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

A few year ago on Fishing Magic I made some remark about Liverpool which one of the 'scousers' on the forum took exception to. As an Eastender I felt entitled to a jibe or two. He had me on the brink of an abject apology until he let slip that he'd moved to a leafy cheshire suburb some years earlier. I've met a few 'genuine scousers' like that. 'I'd defend the place to the last effin' brick mate, but I wouldnt bloody live there'

[ 21. August 2005, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

argyll:

A few year ago on Fishing Magic I made some remark about Liverpool which one of the 'scousers' on the forum took exception to. As an Eastender I felt entitled to a jibe or two. He had me on the brink of an abject apology until he let slip that he'd moved to a leafy cheshire suburb some years earlier. I've met a few 'genuine scousers' like that. 'I'd defend the place to the last effin' brick mate, but I wouldnt bloody live there'

The saddest thing about Liverpool's rap is that the criticsm of the place is invariably based upon two-fold ignorance: Ignorance of outsiders who haven't been there, and ignorance of locals who have no basis for comparison.

It's the same the world over.