Bivvies

cuffemeister

Hi

i have just bought a JRC Sti twin skin 2 man bivvy and at 6'3'' finding that it cannot accomodate myself and all my kit !!!!

i am now thinking of buying a Fox continental easy dome 2 man, has anyone used this kit ? and is it a real two man bivvy ?

ps my STi 2 mn is for sale , ofers invited, used twice

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

i have just bought a JRC Sti twin skin 2 man bivvy and at 6'3'' finding that it cannot accomodate myself and all my kit !!!!

i am now thinking of buying a Fox continental easy dome 2 man, has anyone used this kit ? and is it a real two man bivvy ?

I've got a Shakespeare 2 man Cypry - which is huge... but only around 1.6m tall. The interior apart from height is enormous... I've visited smaller tackle shops. Oh yeah... they're good value too. I've heard people say that putting them up is an issue... total crap. I had mine up with bedchair, sleeping bag, chair and table inside 7 minutes last wednesday. 7 minutes, singlehandedly, I hasten to add. The only downsides are that it's not suitable for tight swims, and is a little heavy.

My only issue with Fox bivvies... and I've either seen or used quite a few over the last 3 years, is that they're really expensive and don't offer any realistic advantage over other products, to justify the price premium for the privilege of advertising Fox's name for them.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

:blink: How about less kit? :huh:

Dont mean to be rude with above but do you really need a bath, BBQ, TV, DVD player, Generator, crate of lager, double bed chair blah blah blah etc etc etc :lol::lol::lol:

Cant really help you, I use a JRC stealth brolly plus and can get myself and all my kit in with the front off.

With the front on I get lost inside!!! :rolleyes:

Then again I dont take much kit with me

:D:D

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

You can't fit yourself and your gear in a STi 2 man!!!!

Not being funny, but how much kit do you take with you?

At 6'3" and fully stretched you may be well close to the sides but surely your bedchair fits in ok doesn't it?

I have the STi 1 man and at a squezze can accomaodate myself and my youngster, ok, it's not palatial but we can both get a good kip even with the inner door closed up. :)

You can't fit yourself and your gear in a STi 2 man!!!!

Not being funny, but how much kit do you take with you?

At 6'3" and fully stretched you may be well close to the sides but surely your bedchair fits in ok doesn't it?

I have the STi 1 man and at a squezze can accomaodate myself and my youngster, ok, it's not palatial but we can both get a good kip even with the inner door closed up. :)

r u sure ur not 6' 3" wide as well as 6'3" tall !!!!!!!! :lol::lol::ph34r:

Hi

Cuffemeister I find that very hard to beileve :o that you can't fit yourself and the amout of kit you are carrying then I think you must be doing something wrong.

My approach is this 2day sessions or more does require a different aprroach as this is the most important rule is to keep everything dry inside from the start of day1. Below is my diagram on where I put most of my things aways when fishing longer session

scan0002.jpg

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Hi

Chaps thanks for all your replies, yes my sessions are normally in excess of 3 days therefore i feel what i take is what i need.

Stealth bedchair, this chair is very wide and 2 side by side would fit,just, but no room for anything else !

bivvy table, fox evolution xl carryall, system select rod holdall, bait bag, session food bag.

dont get me wrong, it does all go in but just doesnt give me the freedom of movement i want.

ps NO i am not 6'3'' wide either !!!!!!!

i was just hoping that someone could confirm that the inside front to back of a continental easy dome is BIG ??

Chaps thanks for all your replies, yes my sessions are normally in excess of 3 days therefore i feel what i take is what i need.

Stealth bedchair, this chair is very wide and 2 side by side would fit,just, but no room for anything else !

bivvy table, fox evolution xl carryall, system select rod holdall, bait bag, session food bag.

dont get me wrong, it does all go in but just doesnt give me the freedom of movement i want.

ps NO i am not 6'3'' wide either !!!!!!!

i was just hoping that someone could confirm that the inside front to back of a continental easy dome is BIG ??

and Yes the bivvy brush goes in the carryall side pocket !! the 3 burner & Grill stove has to sit outside under a 60'' brolly !

Hows about one of these beauties? Its rated as a 1.5 man (where they get half a bloke from I`ll never know........ :blink: Ok, expensive but worth every penny IMO.

1Norton-peg8.jpg

Theres no need to have the bedchair at right angles to the bivvy. If you bung it at an angle in there its very easy to fit a stalker chair in as well so should it be heaving down you`re not stuck on a bedchair all day :DAlso, at 6ft 3 having the bedchair at an angle will give you more leg room.......

Bivvy management mate! Its not the space, its what you do with it!

wolf.gif

If you can`t fit in an STi 2 man then you don`t stand a chance with anything else. well maybe a circus tent :P

I`m 6`5" and I take a mountain of gear with me, and I use either the STi 1-man or the stealth brolly. I fit in both with ease and plenty of room to move about.