Bivvies

cuffemeister

Hows about one of these beauties? Its rated as a 1.5 man (where they get half a bloke from I`ll never know........ :blink: Ok, expensive but worth every penny IMO.

1Norton-peg8.jpg

Theres no need to have the bedchair at right angles to the bivvy. If you bung it at an angle in there its very easy to fit a stalker chair in as well so should it be heaving down you`re not stuck on a bedchair all day :DAlso, at 6ft 3 having the bedchair at an angle will give you more leg room.......

Bivvy management mate! Its not the space, its what you do with it!

What make is that bivvy mate? do you know were I could get one?

Cheers

JPL

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can`t fit in an STi 2 man then you don`t stand a chance with anything else. well maybe a circus tent :P

I`m 6`5" and I take a mountain of gear with me, and I use either the STi 1-man or the stealth brolly. I fit in both with ease and plenty of room to move about.

Thanks for that, i think i will still get the continental easy dome just for the sake of it,

anyone want an STi 2 man twin skin for £120

What make is that bivvy mate? do you know were I could get one?

its a NASH VIPER TITAN, that was also my other option against the Continental dome

Its a Nash TT Viper Chameleon.

Awesome bit of kit. With the chair at 45 degrees to the bivvy you`ll easily get everything in there and still have space to get a chair should it rain.

One big advantage is if you roll the front panel back (or remove it but I don`t bother) and put the poles at an angle to the bivvy to clear the front it turns into a Groundhog!

Bad photo but I hope it shows what I mean

8.jpg

wolf.gif

Its a Nash TT Viper Chameleon.

Awesome bit of kit. With the chair at 45 degrees to the bivvy you`ll easily get everything in there and still have space to get a chair should it rain.

One big advantage is if you roll the front panel back (or remove it but I don`t bother) and put the poles at an angle to the bivvy to clear the front it turns into a Groundhog!

Bad photo but I hope it shows what I mean

8.jpg

SW

what water are you fishing in the pic ?

what water are you fishing in the pic ?

I couldn`t put that on a public forum mate :unsure: Too many lurkers :D

Anyway, the place is very, very slow, theres hardly any fish in there. I spent 19 nights this summer after the carp and blanked...........

What part of the country are you from?

wolf.gif

I couldn`t put that on a public forum mate :unsure: Too many lurkers :D

Anyway, the place is very, very slow, theres hardly any fish in there. I spent 19 nights this summer after the carp and blanked...........

What part of the country are you from?

kent m20 nr wrotham

no offence mate but u must be rather huge im 6 foot 10 and ive got a 1 man and i fit in perfectly cant believe u cant fit into a 2 man

:blink::huh:

maybe i exagurated a bit on the height bit :P

im 6,4 and 220lb and use an sti but the only things in the bivvy with me is a bedchair, cooking kit and food, and tackle bag! evry thing else is under a nice british army basher tarp (20 quid surples) tucked in and out of the way of vermin and the elements! do you go back in ya bivvy to bait up? i dont its all out side in the business department! the bivvy is strictly my office! and most of the gear in ther is stowed under the bed!

like to keep my cooking gear inther to prevent any dampness and handy for a quick warm up, mobile ,ciggys and any booze! also just use an upturned 10lt emulsion tup as a bed side table and doubled as a mixing bowl!

also like to be able to stretch my legs and get to that entrance when that alarm gose!

if i feel the fish will be a bit spooky with me flailing around a head torch baiting up i just take a few paces back from the edge and turn away!

long story short sounds like ya cramming to much stuff in for no reason! simplefy man ;)

i know this is off the point but see blokes carting absolutly tones of gear on ther barrows! ive always prided my self with being able to find atleast 2 youses for most things i carry! the less gear the better!

probly from my backpacking days!

Edited by geffaz