Summer and a float and a warm summers evening!

Dave H

Ah yes, but when all said and done you simply cannot beat the promise of a magical June sunrise . . .

attachicon.gifSummer Dawn Oakley.jpg

Very true - sitting and watching / listening to a water wake up has to be one of my favourite experiences. Lillie flowers opening up, wildfowl going about their business, birdsong, the growing warmth of the sun on your face, insects hatching, patches of bubbles, fish rolling, topping or jumping and your float rising out of the misty water as a big fat Tench picks up your bait.................................

All ruined by the late shift arriving at about 9am - when you have just packed up to make the most of the day doing something else!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

All ruined by the late shift arriving at about 9am - when you have just packed up to make the most of the day doing something else!

I well remember doing just that. Arriving about 5.50 as the mist was drifting off the lake. A dried blood based groundbait, 2 grains of the yellow peril on a size 10 hook. laying on with the old black Drennan driftbeater. By 0800 I had a net full of tench to about 4lbs when the know it all lads turned up to tell me that sweetcorn was "blown" on the lake. They soon shut up as I pulled the net out, and put the fish back in the lake and went home clutching my tin of Jolly Green Giant (I wasn't going to hand it to them)

• Like 1

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Yes, sounds delightful. I too recall such mornings. A warm loaf picked up on the way to the lake from the bakery, a section of peacock quill for a float, and that silence you only really get in the early mornings. Tench and crucian fishing in the early summer is just magical.

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

You might have to rap up a bit, but I would want to miss the last week of the river season for anything. Summer fishing is wonderful, but you'll get sun burn and nettle rash fishing in shorts. :cold:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

It's the evening in general you get that lot but they are just very minor irritations much less than a carp slinger. Give me a mozzie anytime.....I will get my coat... :bye2:

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon